Online with turbo controllers?

VirtualNight

I had thought to avoid this game, but recently I noticed some threads mentioning the usage of turbo controllers for the online trophies (without further explanations though).

So, my questions are:

1. can you boost all the 3 level 100 trophies with a turbo controller and full afk (with occasional monitoring for disconnections)?
  2. how does it work? Is it just the host that has to turbo Start and X buttons?
  3. does such setup require some work or is it alright to simply just turbo both buttons at the highest speed (my hori plus can't turbo the Start button. I have an old turbo pad which does that but does not allow to regulate the turbo speed and needs manual hold)?
  4. how are wins distributed during this method? does only the host win?
  5. has guest simply to turbo the X button?
Edited by VirtualNight

• 5 months later...

VirtualNight, this is a link to another site where the author discusses using two turbo controllers.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/30560-brain-challenge-trophy-guide-amp-road-map/

The author, superpj, wrote this:

"The Host is the loser, the Client is the winner.

- Set :start: and :cross: on turbo for the Host

- Set and :cross: on turbo for the Client

What happens is that the host presses :start: and :cross: alternatively so he doesn't answer any question because he's constantly entering and exiting the pause menu. Meanwhile, the client is always picking the 1st choice on every question.

So the Client is garantied to win since the Host doesn't answer anything. There can be a draw however if the client answers everything wrong but it's very unlikely in Time Attack or Snatch Game mode because a good answer gives approximatively 500 points and a bad answer -50.

With this method you can just go to bed and get the wins as you wake up :) you need a gamepad that allows to set turbo on 2 buttons in the same time like the Hori."

• Like 1

6 hours ago, poetic_justice_ said:

VirtualNight, this is a link to another site where the author discusses using two turbo controllers.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/30560-brain-challenge-trophy-guide-amp-road-map/

The author, superpj, wrote this:

"The Host is the loser, the Client is the winner.

- Set :start: and :cross: on turbo for the Host

- Set and :cross: on turbo for the Client

What happens is that the host presses :start: and :cross: alternatively so he doesn't answer any question because he's constantly entering and exiting the pause menu. Meanwhile, the client is always picking the 1st choice on every question.

So the Client is garantied to win since the Host doesn't answer anything. There can be a draw however if the client answers everything wrong but it's very unlikely in Time Attack or Snatch Game mode because a good answer gives approximatively 500 points and a bad answer -50.

With this method you can just go to bed and get the wins as you wake up :) you need a gamepad that allows to set turbo on 2 buttons in the same time like the Hori."

Thanks for the reply. The Hori does not allow to turbo the Start button though, at least not the Plus one.

1 hour ago, EqualityEarth said:

Have you tried reassigning the start button (hold Assign button, press 2 others)? I’ve only done so for face/shoulder buttons so far.

That won't work.

I have just added that the hori does not allow to turbo the Start button, for me it's not a problem since I have another turbo controller that does that.

22 hours ago, VirtualNight said:

That won't work.

I have just added that the hori does not allow to turbo the Start button, for me it's not a problem since I have another turbo controller that does that.

What is the other turbo controller that does turbo the Start button? Can it turbo the Start and :cross: button, as the guide mentioned?

3 hours ago, poetic_justice_ said:

What is the other turbo controller that does turbo the Start button? Can it turbo the Start and :cross: button, as the guide mentioned?

I have no idea, I got mine a lot of years ago before the Hori, it actually was 2 turbo pads for just about 12€, they are very bad but at least the turbo does its job.

I think people use a Cronus nowadays to do something like turbo the Start button.

• Like 1