Two Quick Questions about the Champion Edition

Just picked up a new physical copy of this game today, not usually one for fighting games, but wanted this one. I’m well aware that even if/when I get Plus, the likelihood of me Platting this game is very slim-I’ve heard plenty about how difficult it is. All that being said, I have a couple of questions:  

1) How many of the trophies can be earned offline/without Plus? (I have an online connection just don’t know if I can even be connected to the network w/o a subscription. I know I can’t fight other players online without one). 

2) Should I avoid updating the game for now? Do any of the patches make things harder? 

7 minutes ago, TimeLordCrow13y said:

Just picked up a new physical copy of this game today, not usually one for fighting games, but wanted this one. I’m well aware that even if/when I get Plus, the likelihood of me Platting this game is very slim-I’ve heard plenty about how difficult it is. All that being said, I have a couple of questions:  

1) How many of the trophies can be earned offline/without Plus? (I have an online connection just don’t know if I can even be connected to the network w/o a subscription. I know I can’t fight other players online without one). 

2) Should I avoid updating the game for now? Do any of the patches make things harder? 

Don't know for sure how many trophies you can get playing offline only, but you need to update the game and play online at all times to get Fight money, the hardest trophy in the game requires 1mil in fight money and it only counts when you're online

• Like 1

You'll need to earn fight money online.  You might as well update the patch.  You can earn a good chunk of trophies offline, but just update the patch.  The fight money will take the longest, if you're not bad at the game.  So I'd have to disagree with @Neptuos in that regard.  Spot on with everything else.

There are folks here who struggle to get gold because they can't boost and aren't skilled enough to get gold yet.

• Like 2