logic to defeat Astaroth (Gn'G final boss)

I've finished this game before, but I can't remember the exact way to defeat the final boss. in videos, it's seen that only a few shells are enough to kill him in about 30 seconds, but I end up dying because time runs out, even though I hit him countless times. I'm annoyed by this as this is the only game available for free to get the trophies. is there a correct way to kill this motherfucker demon?

Edited by kevao97

Yeah, it's kinda not explained well or even done well within the game, but the actual hit box is to aim BETWEEN the two faces. The idea is to kinda aim with your shield (or Holy Cross if you're playing the Japanese version) as you're landing from a jump or just starting jump. Hitting from full height or standing on the ground produces zero damage.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, agorazUHD said:

Yeah, it's kinda not explained well or even done well within the game, but the actual hit box is to aim BETWEEN the two faces. The idea is to kinda aim with your shield (or Holy Cross if you're playing the Japanese version) as you're landing from a jump or just starting jump. Hitting from full height or standing on the ground produces zero damage.

holy shit, finally a light at the end of the tunnel. every time I finished this game it was pure luck, great to hear that, thanks! ?

20 minutes ago, agorazUHD said:

This isn't my video, and it's from the Capcom Arcade Cabinet (but it still applies here). Watch the attacks. His very first shot will connect and do damage, the rest will bounce off:

Yeah got it first try now :P there is a damage sound

• 4 weeks later...

Another tip is to press the attack and jump buttons at the same time (mine is Square for attack and Cross for jump). This way, your character will throw a shield midjump and will most likely hit the sweet spot. Bested the true boss in less than 30 seconds.