Disc version for stocked?

DEAD-430

• 9 months later...
On 2021-06-18 at 9:10 AM, DEAD-430 said:

If I use the disc version offline with no updates, can I get the stocked trophy the old way of getting items after each match?

I would like to know also, and if you can unlock car collector with disc version.

Edited by eZDangles
wrong trophy reference
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/8/2022 at 4:08 PM, fatnatcat90 said:

Can confirm this still works, did it yesterday. Just so you're aware, I then updated the game to play online but lost all the items as well as my ranking. Didn't bother me though as I just wanted the trophy to pop. 

Can confirm that too. Did the same way, when you upgrade your 1.00 saves get deleted and you can continue your updated version saves if anyone was wondering to do that.

23 hours ago, vKeviZ said:

Can I get the stocked trophy by downgrading the digital game to version 1.00, or it only works in disc version?

Dunno certainly that but, since digital version was available when it was free on plus and its item Rewarding system used to work the same as CD version, i think that should work too.

I do not know anyway how to get a digital game into 1.00 version, you probably will have an easier Life getting the game on a CD for few euros.

5 minutes ago, RRxbe- said:

Can confirm that too. Did the same way, when you upgrade your 1.00 saves get deleted and you can continue your updated version saves if anyone was wondering to do that.

Dunno certainly that but, since digital version was available when it was free on plus and its item Rewarding system used to work the same as CD version, i think that should work too.

I do not know anyway how to get a digital game into 1.00 version, you probably will have an easier Life getting the game on a CD for few euros.

Here's how you downgrade digital games: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/67810-guide-how-to-get-100-digital-games/

On 8/12/2022 at 9:08 AM, fatnatcat90 said:

Can confirm this still works, did it yesterday. Just so you're aware, I then updated the game to play online but lost all the items as well as my ranking. Didn't bother me though as I just wanted the trophy to pop. 

I don't know what you guys are talking about. If you download the disc without the patches it will not let you continue until you have downloaded the patch. Even if you turn off the internet you will be stuck in the title screen. Just tried this a minute ago. 

On 6/18/2021 at 8:10 AM, DEAD-430 said:

If I use the disc version offline with no updates, can I get the stocked trophy the old way of getting items after each match?

It does NOT work. It WON'T let you continue until you update the game. You will be stuck in the title screen until you do.

On 8/13/2022 at 9:49 AM, RRxbe- said:

Can you explain how you did it? It won't let me continue until you update the game.

Edited by MrTacos98
Grammar

On 8/13/2022 at 9:49 AM, RRxbe- said:

Can you explain how you did it? It won't let me continue until you update the game.

UPDATE:

OK so I figured it out. You have to download the entire game offline. If you download it online it won't let you continue until you have fully updated the game. It should let me earn the trophies unpatched now.

Edited by MrTacos98