Vault Onboarding mission glitched

Hello everyone! 

Like the title says, my Vault Onboarding progress is glitched and I cannot get to Step 2 even though I've looted all 3 hidden Shield caches on seperate missions (Our Town, Hulk Iconic Mission and Stark Realities) and even completed the 3 vaults associated with them. The objective does not update after looting the cache, it still says "loot Shield caches 0/1". And since I cannot complete Vault Onboarding, it's impossible for me to proceed on Reigning Supreme as well and I'm locked out of Hives altogether. 

Did anyone have a similar problem? Or does anyone have any ideas on how to proceed? I really don't want to start over and lose my progress so far. I can't believe that I started this game even after hearing all the negative comments. Guess I got it coming. 

Edited by destruct-o-matic

I thought it was just me. Unbelievable. What a fucking mess of a game. I guess I'll just level up some heroes and wait for this mission to be fixed, since I can't progress any further without it.

Edit: According to a Reddit user:

I'm having this issue. They mentioned on the dev stream they are aware of it and are working on it fir the next patch, whenever that will be.

Edited by TheMultiversity

To everyone having this problem, can you please contact Square Enix support and send a ticket regarding this issue? I already did so yesterday, let's hope they fix it soon. 

And I also hope there will be no additional trophies for any DLCs further down the road. 

8 minutes ago, destruct-o-matic said:

To everyone having this problem, can you please contact Square Enix support and send a ticket regarding this issue? I already did so yesterday, let's hope they fix it soon. 

And I also hope there will be no additional trophies for any DLCs further down the road. 

That won't change a thing. They have been aware of the issue since the latest patch release (1.8, less than a week ago):

The Vault Onboarding mission is not updating when completing a SHIELD Cache.

I’ve encountered this bug as well. Very unfortunate because I was going to start the Vault Onboarding mission next but had to wait to download the new patch, completely unaware it would halt my progress.

Even worse, I am playing the PS Now version of Marvel’s Avengers and it will be removed in the coming week. I guess I will just try and get whatever trophies I can earn or hope they release the next patch before it gets removed which is unlikely.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dlocopwny said:

I’ve encountered this bug as well. Very unfortunate because I was going to start the Vault Onboarding mission next but had to wait to download the new patch, completely unaware it would halt my progress.

Even worse, I am playing the PS Now version of Marvel’s Avengers and it will be removed in the coming week. I guess I will just try and get whatever trophies I can earn or hope they release the next patch before it gets removed which is unlikely.

Same here. It's really frustrating since you need to complete that mission to unlock many others which are required for the Plat.

The game leaves the service on the 9th, less than two weeks from now. Hopefully they address the issue before that.

This is the reply that I got from the support team after telling them that they were already aware of this issue according to their latest patch notes. Oh boy.. 

Thank you for getting back to us.

We are sorry that your issue persists and hope to be able to find a solution for you quickly. Please make sure that you have the latest version of the game installed by connecting your console to the internet and checking for game updates.

If your game is up-to-date and the issue persists, we recommend you power-cycle the console to resolve the issue:

- Turn off the console using the power button on the front of the console

- Unplug the cable from the back of the console

- Wait 2 minutes

- Plug the cable back in

- Turn the console on and launch the game to see if the problem still occurs

Thank you for your cooperation. In case your issue persists, do not hesitate to get  back to us.

You could tell them that the mission is bugged, that Black Widow somehow got Iron Man's armor or that your toaster is speaking German, and they'd give you the same generic answer. They don't care.

And what's even worse is that this bug actually prevents you from progessing in the post-game story and from unlocking the side activities that constitute most of the post-game content. Fucking shameful.

Good news everyone! 

Here's what I've just received from the support team:

Thank you for your patience. We just wanted to let you know that this problem will be fixed in one of our upcoming updates. So please keep an eye on the official Marvel's Avengers website for updates.

We apologise once again for the inconvenience caused. Shall you need assistance in the future do not hesitate to contact us again

• 4 weeks later...

"Vault onboarding" is still glitched. I opened three of those damn Shield boxes and "vault onboarding" did not progress. Because of that, I was stuck at 92% on the first campaign. However, I was able to finish the two dlcs with five hours remaining on the trial. Thanks SE for the generous trial!

• 1 month later...