‘Big Leagues’ & ‘Run Like the Wind’ Bias

HoorayForTyler

On 7/8/2021 at 0:12 PM, The-Man-In-Black said:

Step one is searching for someone with access to a modded menu and copying some information from them which is definitely not OK. 

I'll go back to my original point.  Suggestions like this do not help the cause, as you are asking if it is OK to engage in the exact behavior that Sly and CRT are concerned about.   Step one is looking for someone with access to a mod menu.  Come on.  Even asking a question like that is just either being willfully obtuse or trying to test the waters to see what you can get away with.  Neither of which are OK.  You should know better. 

I mean, is this really that different than all the threads seeking out a modded lobby on Red Dead Redemption or something? Finding and clicking on a mod menu is functionally no different than shooting some glitched out bodies and getting millions of XP. Granted, that one's still obtainable, but you're not really putting in the work there are you?

What I think this comes down to is that being removed from the leaderboards effects just that: the leaderboards. Autopopping from modders gives impossible times that can't be replicated, completely ruining the game's trophy leaderboards for reasons that people who A, try for speedruns, or B, didn't even know what was going on. I don't think it matters that Big Leagues is only obtainable with a modder, because we've already established that Run Like the Wind is basically the same thing. What matters is the whole list is popping at once, which really fucks up leaderboards and times.

The real answer for this is just not counting Black Ops 2 on the leaderboards if it's flagged like this, while not needing for it to be hidden either. I am certain it cannot be that hard to code just one game to not count because of this one thing, and while it might be a "minor issue" the dozens of Black Ops 2 posts that pop up on the forums every day clearly indicate it's a problem with the community that needs to be solved. Someone shouldn't have a permanent strike on their account, and have their milestones, plat count, trophy count, etc. be off just because they joined a modded lobby in 2013 and didn't know that was a bad thing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2021 at 2:24 PM, B1rvine said:

Honestly the easiest solution would be to remove run like the wind and big leagues from leaderboards and keep the current system for cheating in those games (auto-pop and RP). 

The reason this is such a huge talking point is because those games are some of the most 2 popular games in the world and top 5 according to this site. Everyone here is a completionist and would love to platinum bo2/gta/ all cod/ all gta. I think its unfair that people who care about their stats or just want to pop in bo2 and enjoy it whether they have the game but dont want to play it because 100% is impossible without flag or they have it at 99% cant becuase of one random mode barely supported for 1 year has a trophy when every single other trophy in that game is legitimately obtainable. 

Remove the trophies from the site/ leaderboard, let people platinum the game LEGIT (if somehow they can or wait till 99% and sit in multiplayer until it pops).

That way there is no cheated points on the leaderboard and people get to enjoy their games and stats. There needs to be leniency and an exception because these are 2 of the most popular games in the world/ on psnprofiles. unless the game has over 1,000,000 and its only 1-2 trophies then it should not be even considered for treatment like this. This is call of duty and grand theft auto, itll probably be impossible to think of someone you know who doesnt know what those games are. Youre supposed to not play them becuase of this?

I played this game for months back in 2012 now i cant play multiplayer in which i have days of hours of playtime for fear of being flagged. 

On 06/07/2021 at 8:12 AM, The-Man-In-Black said:

You're not helping the case.  At all.  

Yes, there should be a whitelist for trophies such as Big Leagues where a player can have it pop for them through the course of normal play -- jumping into a public lobby in hopes of playing a legitimate game.   But the *minute* you step off that path and start actively searching for ways to get the trophy to pop through illegitimate means, you should be flagged for cheating. 

Happen to stumble into a lobby?  OK.  Actively searching out a lobby?  Not OK.  Using this site to arrange a lobby, discuss how to find a modder, or otherwise obtain the trophy illegitimately?  Definitely not OK and should be subject to further action by the mods and/or CRT as appropriate. 

There should be only one exception for whitelisted trophies.  Did the player take no active steps beyond just playing the game normally and have the trophies in question pop through no fault of their own?  If the answer to that question is yes, you're fine.  But the minute evidence pops up that you actively sought out illegitimate means of having a trophy pop (such as your post), you should be flagged accordingly. 

Coming on this site and asking questions like "IF I do <insert sketchy act here>, would that be OK?" is exactly why people like Sly don't want to change the rules.   Common sense already should dictate that the answer to your question is "No, that is not OK."    All you're doing is making it harder for people who want to get a whitelist implemented by engaging in the exact behavior that they are afraid of. 

It's simple.   Step 1:  Play the game normally.  Step 2:  Go back to step 1.  If the trophy happens to pop, you should be good.  If not, sucks to be you.  But the instant you do anything else, you're cheating.  Full stop.  There is no "But what about......".    Because anything that comes after "But what about...." is cheating. 

Load of shit. Extenuating circumstances happen. If someone is in a lobby on GTA 5 and some modder pops the bounty trophy then they should 100% not be flagged. How can they control that? CRTs job is to find cheaters not victims of modders being pricks. Why have CRT if they can't do that simple task ?