Syncronizing ps3 trophies

Resfryed

So I usually played ps3 on a place that had no internet connection, but this week I finally brought her back to my home and I saw that I had A LOT of trophies that weren't syncronized with the psn.

But Im affraid of syncronizing it because I don't want to be removed from the leaderboards since when I syncronize it it will all pop at the same time

Edited by Resfryed

All trophies were earned at legitimate times? If so, you shouldn't have strange timestamps, and everything is fine.

Was the PS3 synced with psn in the past?  If so, you will not get "missing timestamp" trophies and everything is fine.

I think that sometimes the PS3 can desync the time from PSN if it's not online for a long while, but I think that this only happens if you actually had left the PS3 turned off for months.. This would lead to strange "missing timestamps", and I don't really know how that would be handled by the Cheat Removal team.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

All trophies were earned at legitimate times? If so, you shouldn't have strange timestamps, and everything is fine.

Was the PS3 synced with psn in the past?  If so, you will not get "missing timestamp" trophies and everything is fine.

I think that sometimes the PS3 can desync the time from PSN if it's not online for a long while, but I think that this only happens if you actually had left the PS3 turned off for months.. This would lead to strange "missing timestamps", and I don't really know how that would be handled by the Cheat Removal team.

Yeah the trophies were legit and the psn was synced like 4/5 months ago

The ps3 will use the actual time when the trophy popped according to the time set on the console. So as long as the time in the console is correct, there shouldn't be a problem. It will take a while though, when I play on my ps3 the thing takes like 10 minutes to sync 1 trophy due to it loading every game in my list.

Edited by Radgeck
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

E obrigado :)

42 minutes ago, Resfryed said:

I don't want to be removed from the leaderboards since when I syncronize it it will all pop at the same time

That's not how it works. The games will be at the top of your list, but their timestamps will be from whenever you unlocked the trophies.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Resfryed said:

Yeah the trophies were legit and the psn was synced like 4/5 months ago

Then no worries.

I think that the PS3 only loses the sync with PSN clock if the bios clock battery dies (now more common due to PS3 systems age), but this only happens if it's been turned off for months.

55 minutes ago, Radgeck said:

The ps3 will use the actual time when the trophy popped according to the time set on the console. So as long as the time in the console is correct, there shouldn't be a problem. It will take a while though, when I play on my ps3 the thing takes like 10 minutes to sync 1 trophy due to it loading every game in my list.

That's not correct, the timestamps are based on the system internal clock that is synced with PSN server clock when the system is put online for the first time, as long as that clock is synced, all timestamps will show correctly.

If the clock isn't synced it will cause "missing timestamps" timestamps for trophies.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Then no worries.

I think that the PS3 only loses the sync with PSN clock if the bios clock battery dies (now more common due to PS3 systems age), but this only happens if it's been turned off for months.

That's not correct, the timestamps are based on the system internal clock that is synced with PSN server clock when the system is put online for the first time, as long as that clock is synced, all timestamps will show correctly.

If the clock isn't synced it will cause "missing timestamps" timestamps for trophies.

Damn , didn't know. Guess I never messed with the clock or let the console unconnected for a long period of time.