Is this game a sequel?

KenpachiDaniel

I'm going to platinum this game, but I don't know if I need to play Mugen Souls first. And I didn't find anything about my question, except for the Wikipedia page (which didn't make it clear).

Is this game a sequel of Mugen Souls or just an improved version?

Edit: Nevermind. After some more search, I found the answer. It is a sequel. Guess I'll have a lot of work to do. ?

Edited by KenpachiDaniel

The platinum trophy for Mugen Souls Z isn't anywhere near as time-consuming as the platinum trophy for the original Mugen Souls.  The story isn't quite "history repeats itself", but there are enough similarities that you'd feel like you had seen it before.

It's largely the same game as the original, however.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, acasser said:

The platinum trophy for Mugen Souls Z isn't anywhere near as time-consuming as the platinum trophy for the original Mugen Souls.  The story isn't quite "history repeats itself", but there are enough similarities that you'd feel like you had seen it before.

It's largely the same game as the original, however.

Well, for what I've read, it looked like they were two unrelated stories. But now I have my doubts again.

I don't mind the pain of spending a month to platinum Mugen Souls as long as it's another game. But if Mugen Souls Z is only an improved version with a slightly changed story, then I rather play only it.

It's the same case of XCOM Enemy Unknown vs Enemy Within. My first thought was that Enemy Within was a standalone of Enemy Unknown. Then I discovered that Enemy Within is an upgraded version. It has the same content, with improvements and some new things. So I decided to play only Enemy Within, since both are the same game.