On the streets and so forth - pause buffering

AiKmAn_MZ

Hi to everyone who is still going for the trophies in AH3 :wave:.

I am currently working through the character related trophies. I made good progress so far but like many other people I struggle with Lilicas trophy ?:

The problem is that I can't do the first inputs fast enough so I did it with pause buffering like it is suggested in the solution on playstation trophies and the comments. For those people who feel triggered now: Not everyone is equally good at fighting games. Please don't complain about pause buffering ✋. This is a trophy site and every legit way is allowed to obtain trophies unless it's manipulating and unlocking trophies by cheats. I don't intend to start such a discussion ❌.

Back to topic: I followed this YT video considering the inputs and the right timing which is a general reference for this trophy I guess.

Yesterday I finished the whole string three times exactly like it is shown in the video (or so I thought) ?. Nevertheless I didn't get the trophy. I don't think it is because of pause buffering because I read from different people they got it like that. What I did is changing button layouts on my Mad Catz fight pad during the combo in the pause menu. I constantly remapped :l2: - which is strangely enough the upper right shoulder button on Mad Catz fight pad - with A, B and C as I needed it for the current string. Like that I could easily input the movement with the d-pad, press the button for the corresponding move and immediately go back into pause menu by pressing :start: with my thumb.

28S88ddb4.png On The Streets and So Forth
Ran the longest possible line off of a successful [Wall Step].

EDIT: YES. I finally won the trophy using pause buffering ?! The issue was indeed the remapping of the buttons during the pause sequences. I finished the strings one more time by doing exactly the same inputs like shown in the video linked avove while I was changing buttons in pause menu again. I didn't get the trophy. Then I mapped A, B and C to fixed buttons. This was my setup on my Mad Catz fightpad:

A =  :l2: (easy to reach :start: for pausing after doing the motions on d-pad and pressing :l2:, gave me confidence for the first moves)
B = :cross: (still OK to do the motions on d-pad, press this button and then pause on :start:, slightly more difficult than :l2:)
C = :circle: (a little awkward to do the motions press circle and then :start:fast enough, but I managed to do it)

I am so happy that I got this trophy out of the way ?!

DSC-0142.jpg

EDIT2: Got Platinum. I keep this thread up in case it helps people with Lilicas On The Streets and So Forth trophy! 

Edited by AiKmAn_MZ
Won the trophy

• 1 year later...