Mini roadmap

visighost

I loved Dark Devotion, but was a bit confused with the piecemeal guides out there, so thought I'd summarize a few hopefully helpful points.

1-Nothing is missable. I would strongly encourage you to go in blind, explore, and try to get to the end. The game is pretty hard at the beginning, but gets much better once you get a huge mace given by one of the first bosses (it also destroys walls and thus reveal secret areas), and then a better armour a bit further in (I liked the 3-shield, light armour to help me keep speed up).

2-Then, go for a complete map, grabbing all texts, and killing any boss you may have missed. The maps on Steam are extremely useful with this.

3-Grab the miscellaneous trophies that you may have left. The guide on the Dark Devotion wiki is very useful for each trophy's criteria. A full run is likely to take only 30 minutes or so, so you should clear most of those in 15.

4-A few trophies are based on RNG, namely the blessing/curse trophies (I had them pop naturally) and the one where you need to kill Elemiah with a specific weapon. This one might come naturally, but will likely require you starting runs from the beginning and getting to that boss. Note that the Scythe you get from beating Elemiah the first time does NOT work for the trophy. You also need to beat her barehanded for a different quest/trophy. The handwraps you get DO count as a weapon, so you won't get the trophy if you equip them. Just go bare, speak to Balthazar to get a bonus, and then the simple strategy of running into the boss, rolling when she primes an attack, and hitting her from behind. Rinse and repeat.

5-The toughest one is to beat the final boss with the curse that you get in the first room of the dungeon, which nerfs your armour and health to 1 each. There are great tips for this one on pstrophies. By that point, you should barely be hit by anything anyhow, and following the strategy you'll hit for 2-300dmg by the time you get to the final boss. I personally managed it even though I'd lost all my bubble scrolls and armor repairs to curses when I faced him. A few yellow bugs did the trick.

There you go. Let me know if you have any questions.

Edited by visighost
Fixed grammar and clarified a few points.
  • Like 4

Platinum difficulty rating?

P.S. I've been interested in this game since it was announced, but I'm worried to ever try it because I've never played any Souls-like game, except maybe SW Jedi: Fallen Order, but I guess it doesn't count. xD