Need HELP with 3 minigames

Flubberwunked

As I'm writing this there are only 3 things left to do before I get the platinum, but I'm seriously struggling with these minigames and I was wondering if anyone could share any helpful tips or advice to help me overcome these insane challenges. The 3 things I'm struggling with are;

SSS Rank Fan-Tan - I absolutely hate this card game. I've played about 20 matches and I've came 3rd once and came last EVERY single other time. I'm trying my absolute hardest and really am putting thought into when I place certain cards. I really do feel like the AI are all against you. One of the AI's didn't put down a 10 of Clubs card until I had passed 4 times until I was out. Yeah that's totally far and balanced AI right there. How do I win 1 match let alone 3 in a row? It's  absolutely insane.

Beating Racque Toro in Tennis - I really suck at tennis for some reason. I've faced off against Toro for about 1hr 30 minutes and I wasn't able to win a single set. Toro either launches the ball soo far away that I don't time to react or he's put the ball in a bad position so I get an "out" which earns him a point. He never seems to slip up himself, which is your only way of winning. Whenever it's Toro's turn to serve I feel like he's 10X more aggressive and absolutely kicks my ass. Currently I have no chance in hell of beating him.  EDIT: I ACTUALLY BEAT HIM OMFG MY HEART JESUS. I shouted "YESSSSSS" sooooooo loud and let's just say one of my family members wasn't too happy about it lmao.

SSS Rank Free Throw - This is it.... The hardest thing I've come across in videogame history. My highest score was actually 10 out of 11 and I've only ever got up to at least 9 points ever since. When I come back to it now I can hardly get past Basket 4. I ALWAYS undershoot it. It's either that I put way too much force or too little. The times I do get the ball in the basket it really does feel like dumb luck with no skill required. Is the motion sensitivity on my controller really janky or am I not swinging the controller in the right arc? I always lift the controller in a straight vertical line, but I don't know if that's the right way to do it or not...

This game is really obscure so I'm not expecting a response anytime soon, but to anyone who replies with anything useful... THANK YOU. I'm really proud of all the hard stuff I've done in this game and I'm not ready to throw in the towel anytime soon. I really just need some tips and motivation right now. Thanks.

Edited by Flubberwunked
I DID SOMETHING GREAT
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I am assuming you already read the guide?

There are some youtube videos in the guide but i didnt check if they were working

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/78107-all-sss-guide/

Yeah I've read that guide 1000 times over lol. The video links work too. That guide is great, but it would he great to hear other people's experiences and methods for beating these hard minigames. Thanks for replying although I should've mentioned that I've read the guide on playstationtrophies.org before.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I figured you had but best i could do. It is a pretty obscure game (i tried for a few years to find a decent priced one on ebay).

It is like Carnival Island. Super cute game...brutal trophy requirements

I checked Ebay for a while until I found a listing for the Asia version. Costed me around 70 pound which is an absolute steal in my opinion. The japanese version is very easy to find and trust me you don't need english subs to play this game lol.

I've actually never heard of Carnival Island before. I wonder if it's difficulty is on Toro LP's level because if it is then I'm not touching it at all. This is legit the hardest platinum I've ever went for and I still can't get over how damn deceiving this game is when it comes to the platinum lol.

Carnival island was one of the 1st party Move games to come out around launch.

Super colourful kids game but it plays like a real carnival where you get suckered in and then screwed when going for gold in each event

It is sitting at a .74% rarity. 

Look at this family...they have no idea what is coming :(

Honestly it is a fun game and when I worked for Sony it was a blast to show off

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Carnival island was one of the 1st party Move games to come out around launch.

Super colourful kids game but it plays like a real carnival where you get suckered in and then screwed when going for gold in each event

It is sitting at a .74% rarity. 

Look at this family...they have no idea what is coming :(

Honestly it is a fun game and when I worked for Sony it was a blast to show off

I guess the peripherals required made the platinum even rarer because no causal person is going to sit in front of their camera for hours trying to get a gold time. RIP that family.

Worked at Sony? Am I speaking to royalty here? Do me a favour and get hired again so you can slap Jim Ryan for me. Thanks lmao

• Like 4