Think I might have found a new strat for Challenge 6 Round 3

Stargazer14096

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes I can't tell if I'm doing it wrong but I've tried hiding here too and yet I still have that one drill Romanov coming for me. Either way, I'm not going to let it stop me, hopefully I can actually get it working in my favour because this round is the one that's been keeping me from moving forth.

On 8/30/2021 at 3:26 AM, FauxFroslass said:

Sometimes I can't tell if I'm doing it wrong but I've tried hiding here too and yet I still have that one drill Romanov coming for me. Either way, I'm not going to let it stop me, hopefully I can actually get it working in my favour because this round is the one that's been keeping me from moving forth.

The best advice I can give is to really try and wedge yourself deep into the corner, go as left as you possibly can. It's okay if you can't shoot the Drill Romanov right away when it spawns, since if it does spawn and it's not aggro'd, you can slowly inch yourself to the right until it's in view of your rifle. Hope you can get it to work. Trying to beat rounds 4 and 5 is much more manageable if you know that you've got rounds 1-3 down almost every time. Best of luck!

Hi I just wanted to thank you for this strategy. No more getting blindsided and 1-shot by the drill Romanovs or getting killed by the rocket Romanov before I can take its head off. Now I just need to get better at round 4 and then hopefully round 5. Also, congrats on getting the PS4 plat 10 years to the day after getting the PS3 plat. Pretty awesome anniversary!

• Like 1

On 9/9/2021 at 2:19 AM, Vextens said:

Hi I just wanted to thank you for this strategy. No more getting blindsided and 1-shot by the drill Romanovs or getting killed by the rocket Romanov before I can take its head off. Now I just need to get better at round 4 and then hopefully round 5. Also, congrats on getting the PS4 plat 10 years to the day after getting the PS3 plat. Pretty awesome anniversary!

That's so great to hear! Happy to help. Also, thanks! When I noticed last month that the 10 year anniversary of my PS3 plat was coming up pretty soon, I decided to see if I still had it in me to do it again. Thankfully, I guess I did, and I even found this cheeky little strat while doing so. Congrats to you too ?

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, MDSP777 said:

I highly doubt this has been patched, since I don't think this game's received any updates recently. Just keep trying and hope you get it to work eventually!

It wasn't patched; I was doing it wrong. Managed to pull it off a while ago. Thanks for sharing this!

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Impressive.  I'll have to try this out next time I get back to trying to close out this platinum.

What did you do in Round 5?

From what I've seen and done, I've noticed the guardrails on the stairs near the starting point can't be destroyed, so just stay around that area and take out the red Bogey first?  That seems to be the general consensus from all I've read.

Funny thing is my first time making it to Round 5, I actually almost beat it.  I took out the blue Bogey and got the red down to half health.  I think I blew it when it caught me out in the open.

Is it just a matter of dodging constantly until Bogey Alpha or Bravo unloads a super attack, then that's when you make your move and fire?

I'm on like my 300th+ try here.  I really want to close the deal on this incredible game.  :)