Do time capsules still get uploaded to a server? Is ps+ needed?

Winds-of-Neptune

Hi.  I am nearly done this great game.  Are time capsules still being sent to the site for approval?  Do you need ps+ to upload a time capsule?  My ps+ just expired.  Not renewing it till I finish some of my offline games in backlog.  I wanted to leave behind some good items in the time capsule but not wasting my time if they aren't registering anymore.
Here is what I want to leave behind:

• Blue tablet
  • Purple Tablet
  • Orange tablet
  • Prawn suit drill arm
  • Laser cutter
  • Seamoth MK2

Thanks for anyone who can answer these 2 questions. ??

Most developers at Unknown Worlds have moved on to their new Unannounced IP. Last I heard they stopped looking at the submissions on the forums years ago. You still need to do the time capsule anyways for the trophy. I normally just put my tools in it and say “hahaha more useless tools for the next survivor” as that’s all I got from my time capsules I found in my world lol

Edit - I will add on by saying good job actually playing this fantastic game and not skipping it with developer mode ;)

Edited by SKiL_Clash
  • Like 2

You definitely don't need PS Plus to send a Time Capsule, whether they are still being approved though, is hard to say for sure. A few months ago a developer from UW claimed they recently started accepting new Time Capsules again (this was a bit before the release of Below Zero), but they never specified if they were doing it on every platform or just PC. When I sent my capsule I checked the website to see if it made the list (capsules that still needed to be approved), but I didn't find it, so my guess was that they're only still checking capsules on the PC servers. 

Regardless, like the user above me said, you still need it for the trophy so you have to do it anyway. Maybe it'll go through, who knows! Good luck. 

Edited by Hush_wu
Typo
  • Like 1

Thanks for the quick replies troops.  Great info.  I will put 6 good items in the time capsule anyways, since I have all resources to do it.   Now that I am older I realize, what is the point in rushing out for platinums and missing the point of these games..  Some are real good.  In the end, who even looks at other peoples trophies really?  Unless your top 10-20 for world.  I actually have 2 friends on my list in that spot.. yay me... anyways.  Better to enjoy a good meal than to scoff it down in 3 minutes. ?
One more question..  I played the game for 50 hours, never found a time capsule.. Was everywhere in the map.  The trophy list basically forces you to go in just about all areas of the map.  My question is, since I don't have ps+, is this the reason I don't find any time capsules??  Am not being connected to a server for that reason? 
Thanks.. Have a good day! 
??☯️
- Corey

I often wonder the rarity of the platinum if Dev. mode wasn't there..?

12 hours ago, SKiL_Clash said:

Edit - I will add on by saying good job actually playing this fantastic game and not skipping it with developer mode ;)

Edited by Winds-of-Neptune

Was on the official Subnautica forum today.  All I could find was Steam time capsule thread.  The submissions were over 2 years old as well.  I didn't see any ps4 Time Capsule threads..  Maybe I didn't look hard enough.  Will look a bit more another time.  Guess it doesn't matter.  I'll just submit it anyways, time to move on.  Starting The Forest next.  On sale now for $10.

• 9 months later...

FYI, Time Capsules from PS4 are no longer accepted. I tried submitting mine 3 times and it did not show up on the website, as well as the fact that it seems there are no PS4 submissions by anybody else. 

Pretty much every other platform seems to be accepted, including PS5.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2022 at 11:30 AM, Hush_wu said:

FYI, Time Capsules from PS4 are no longer accepted. I tried submitting mine 3 times and it did not show up on the website, as well as the fact that it seems there are no PS4 submissions by anybody else. 

Thanks.  I had a really good one with some of the rarest endgame stuff.  

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 5/24/2022 at 3:30 PM, Hush_wu said:

Hi. I was thinking of staring this game soon and randomly came across this thread.  I too play on PS4 and after seeing this post does this somehow prevent the platinum or something?