Unable to play (Urgent Help needed)

LancashireLad87

So I purchased the game physically through Ebay which was a used copy. Upon booting the game up I get an error code stating the EA account that was previously used for the game needs to be updated which I don't have access to. Does anyone know how I can resolve this issue so the game actually plays because I cannot even get off the loading screen. I have contacted the seller on Ebay and I'm currently waiting for their response. The error code in question is 000000002, Thanks!

Well the seller isn't gonna be able to help you. Never heard of physical PlayStation games from EA being linked to specific EA accounts.

Your PSN must be linked to an EA account you setup ages ago and forgot about, see if you can log into your EA account using the PSN login portal.

If you still can't access it try and create a new EA account and link your PSN account to it. Though there is the risk of losing content you have on your old EA account.

20 minutes ago, Null_Spectre said:

Well the seller isn't gonna be able to help you. Never heard of physical PlayStation games from EA being linked to specific EA accounts.

Your PSN must be linked to an EA account you setup ages ago and forgot about, see if you can log into your EA account using the PSN login portal.

If you still can't access it try and create a new EA account and link your PSN account to it. Though there is the risk of losing content you have on your old EA account.

I don't have any EA accounts that's the problem. I purchased a used copy from ebay and when I boot up the game I get the following message;

'Welcome back! Your login credentials have expired, but all you need to do is reset your password. Scan the QR code or use the URL below to get you started, or to get help if you're having trouble' Use your phone's camera or QR code app, hold it up to the code on-screen, open the URL provided to receive instant help'

How is it my fault as a consumer that the game won't initiate? There's no option to reset the previous users EA account or to set-up a new one. If I close the pop-up with the X button I get the following message 'You require an EA account to access the online features of the game' this displays the error code. I press x again to close that window and it reverts back to the main loading screen.

Edit - I have figured out the solution therefore I will ask the moderators to lock this thread.

Edited by LancashireLad87