Just a random question about how this site works

This may seem odd to make a whole forum post over but I have a question. I get on PSNProfiles  usually once daily to check for new trophy lists and guides and the sort. When I look at other people's profiles that are recommended, some of them I have come across say country rank 0 and world rank 0. Why does it say this? For example, zaxaxis's profile popped up and showed nothing in the leaderboards. 

Again, I know this a very odd question but now that I have come across this sort of thing a few times now, I could not help but wonder what it meant. 

Thanks for any reply!

7 minutes ago, The_Riddler_475 said:

When I look at other people's profiles that are recommended, some of them I have come across say country rank 0 and world rank 0. Why does it say this?

It means they're either new accounts that haven't placed on the leaderboards yet, or they've been removed for one of several reasons.

Out of curiosity though, how are these profiles "recommended"?

Do you mean the few randomly cycling profiles on the home page? Those just mean they've been recently updated and aren't being showcased in any way.

1 minute ago, Helyx said:

It means they're either new accounts that haven't placed on the leaderboards yet, or they've been removed for one of several reasons.

Out of curiosity though, how are these profiles "recommended"?

Do you mean the few randomly cycling profiles on the home page? Those just mean they've been recently updated and aren't being showcased in any way.

Yes, I'm sorry I was talking about the profiles that cycle through on the home page. 

Interesting though, thanks for the info!