Can't get a Maelstrom to spawn. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

davestovies

I've basically done every other DLC trophy for this and spend about 2 hours doing them but I have yet to see a single Maelstrom in my game.

I know it doesn't show up on the map for whatever reason but I've spent a good amount of time waiting at The Tower and the The Leyshrine of the Serpeant and found nothing. I've adjusted my settings so the cooldown is at the minimum and the duration is at max. I also changed the day cycle length to 1 minute as per a comment in the Isle of Siptah thread on here and I'm having no luck whatsoever.

Not really sure what else I can do other than wait it out so I'm hoping there's something else I'm maybe missing. 

• 3 months later...

I was able to pop this trophy in a few minutes with this setup:

Menu location: Press 'Options' > Settings > Server Settings > Maelstrom

In here change the following values:

Maelstorm time restrictions: Set it to a time slot of 5 minutes in the near future but make sure it doesn't contain the current time the moment you quit the settings.

Example: When your current time is Tuesday 00:05, then set 'Weekdays start' to 00:07 and 'Weekdays end' to 00:12

Maelstorm cooldown: 1

Maelstorm accumulation time: 1

Maelstorm duration: 1

Maelstorm dissipation time: 1

For me the trophy popped at 00h08:42.

First I tried with a time restriction slot of 5 minutes that contained the current time and that didn't work.

The idea is that with a very small time restriction slot, a low cooldown and a low accumulation time, the storm will spawn certainly in that time slot.

I also put duration and dissipation time to 1 so the storm would be able to fully complete within the 5 minute time slot.

Also make sure that in the admin panel the options 'Freeze time' and 'Freeze Sky' are turned off.

I also didn't have a 'Time of day' selected.

Edited by Kolm
  • Like 2

• 10 months later...
On 7.12.2021 at 0:41 AM, Kolm said:

I was able to pop this trophy in a few minutes with this setup:

Menu location: Press 'Options' > Settings > Server Settings > Maelstrom

In here change the following values:

Maelstorm time restrictions: Set is to a time slot of 5 minutes in the near future but make sure it doesn't contain the current time the moment you quit the settings.

Example: When your current time is Tuesday 00:05, then set 'Weekdays start' to 00:07 and 'Weekdays end' to 00:12

Maelstorm cooldown: 1

Maelstorm accumulation time: 1

Maelstorm duration: 1

Maelstorm dissipation time: 1

For me the trophy popped at 00h08:42.

First I tried with a time restriction slot of 5 minutes that contained the current time and that didn't work.

The idea is that with a very small time restriction slot, a low cooldown and a low accumulation time, the storm will spawn certainly in that time slot.

I also put duration and dissipation time to 1 so the storm would be able to fully complete within the 5 minute time slot.

Also make sure that in the admin panel the options 'Freeze time' and 'Freeze Sky' are turned off.

I also didn't have a 'Time of day' selected.

Worked like a charm :*