How to unlock "High Voltage"

Flynnerigan

Great find :). Can I use some of this in my Guide please? I'll give you and your friend full credit? Also, does this trick work with the PS4 version or is that one still completely bugged? BTW, do the Electroshock Turrets count or are they out as well?

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

6 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Great find :). Can I use some of this in my Guide please? I'll give you and your friend full credit? Also, does this trick work with the PS4 version or is that one still completely bugged? BTW, do the Electroshock Turrets count or are they out as well?

Absolutely, fire away! Sorry, I forgot to mention that the electro turrets similarly don't work for this trophy. I haven't been able to check to see if it works on PS4 but I'd say it's okay. Only problem with PS4 is the lack of a tracker, so you'd have to get 1000 kills before you could be sure!

Edited by Flynnerigan
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Flynnerigan said:

Absolutely, fire away! Sorry, I forgot to mention that the electro turrets similarly don't work for this trophy. I haven't been able to check to see if it works on PS4 but I'd say it's okay. Only problem with PS4 is the lack of a tracker, so you'd have to get 1000 kills before you could be sure!

Thank you, I'll put this lot to the test over the next few days and see what happens :).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Flynnerigan said:

Taken from my work-in-progress trophy guide

Initially, it was assumed that this trophy was either buggy or unobtainable, as a lot of players were stuck at a low progress percentage for electricity kills. Unfortunately, electroshock rounds or any mine consumables don't appear to count towards this trophy. The Cryo Grid does appear to work, but it is far from the optimal strategy to use. Thankfully, PRESIDENT_SIR discovered a method to unlock this trophy without too much hassle.

You will want to use the Technician specifically for this trophy, as this class has access to the Charged Coils perk. This perk leaves a modest radius of electricity around an area that does a small amount of electric damage to enemies inside its grid. Your next step is to play the game's final mission (The Only Way to be Sure: Regicide). Once you start your mission, look out for Facehugger eggs (they only feature in the game's final campaign. This mission is full of these eggs, which makes it perfect for farming electricity kills. Once you find one or a bunch, throw your Charged Coil at a group of them. This will produce a Facehugger from the egg, so kill it before it gets an opportunity to grapple with you. You'll notice that the eggs will be electrified and may take a while to explode but don't worry, one Coil should be enough to deal with it. Once the eggs explode, you'll notice that it will count towards your trophy's progress. If you go through the entire mission, taking out all eggs in this way, you'll rack up somewhere between 100-140 electricity kills which really isn't so bad.

Tip: to optimise each run, edit your Technician's perk grid so that damage, radius and recharge speed are all increased. This will make the process that little bit quicker for you.

46a389.jpg
Above is an image of the eggs that you are looking out for. Throw your Coil in the centre of these eggs to take all three out in one go.

Thanks for the tip i just got the trophy

• Like 2

10 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

@Flynnerigan The Phalanx Kit releases today and it comes with an ability that might count towards this trophy and make it a lot quicker to get :):

Let's hope so. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet but it looks like its just a single pulse rather than a prolonged duration like the coils so hopefully the pulse has enough damage to destroy eggs. If it takes more than one then Technician is probably still the way to go.