Easier to plat now?

Willreaper41

So with the directors cut coming I've been thinking of finally getting back to this game and finishing the plat, basically all I have is the delivery and skill trophies which are an ungodly grind, especially in the later mountain regions. I was thinking though, since players can interact with other players structures left behind shouldn't it be easier now with so many others getting the plat and already setting up long range zip line networks and the like, which I assume is by far the easiest to get top scores for deliveries (and what I would personally do). It's been a while so I don't remember much beyond the basics, just that I don't want to have to relearn everything just to ace a ton of obnoxious delivery missions. 

8 minutes ago, Willreaper41 said:

So with the directors cut coming I've been thinking of finally getting back to this game and finishing the plat, basically all I have is the delivery and skill trophies which are an ungodly grind, especially in the later mountain regions. I was thinking though, since players can interact with other players structures left behind shouldn't it be easier now with so many others getting the plat and already setting up long range zip line networks and the like, which I assume is by far the easiest to get top scores for deliveries (and what I would personally do). It's been a while so I don't remember much beyond the basics, just that I don't want to have to relearn everything just to ace a ton of obnoxious delivery missions. 

I just got the PS4 platinum the other day, but I wouldn't say it is that much easier now. The game randomly grabs structures, meaning, yes, there were will be ziplines  from others, but it's up to you to connect them with ones you've built. Rarely are they assembled in a way where you can ride them all in a row from bunker to bunker.

It might be a tad easier, but given how there seemed to always be a decent amount of structures around, it's probably not remarkably easier.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

I just got the PS4 platinum the other day, but I wouldn't say it is that much easier now. The game randomly grabs structures, meaning, yes, there were will be ziplines  from others, but it's up to you to connect them with ones you've built. Rarely are they assembled in a way where you can ride them all in a row from bunker to bunker.

It might be a tad easier, but given how there seemed to always be a decent amount of structures around, it's probably not remarkably easier.

Thanks for the response.  That helps a lot. ?

4 hours ago, DJ__Beatroot said:

Thanks for the response.  That helps a lot. 1f44d.png

No problem! Good luck.

If I were you, I'd make a spreadsheet of what you have collected and what you haven't crafted and upgraded so you can tick everything off a list. Also putting a short description near the data drives you haven't gotten is helpful so you can go "Oh this data drive is right near this bunker" and then just grab it after you turn your stuff in.

Otherwise you'll be zipping back and forth.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

More than enough structures available. The map is specifically designed to not allow 'optimal' zip-line paths.  The shortest path is rarely the quickest in this game. 

The game is not "hard" by any means. There is nothing remotely challenging about the game play other than the annoyance of the grind. 

*Optimize the road network as soon as possible - doesn't eat up bandwidth 

*Only build key sections (of road) if you're short on supplies- long stretches between auto pavers

*Don't bother with premium deliveries or *ZIP-LINES* until story is over 

*upgrade online ziplines first > use mnt peaks to establish your own - don't even bother making ziplines in paved areas until very end game to save time and bandwidth

*Look up which outpost give what rewards and level those up immediately - collector for backpack cover, terrain skeleton level 3 etc 

*Leave the game on very easy until you finish the story - there is a significant difference in damage intake/output from very easy -hard despite owerpyx guide. 

*MUELS can absolutely get to you on a zip-line with a BOLA gun despite powerpyx guide

*Don't waste your time with grenades/guns fighting BTs, just sneak up and eliminate individuals,  leave groups alone

*Don't try and do all of this in one go. It will drive you mad. 

Cheers