Did i just make plat unobtainable on current save file?

Beat cicero before going down in Ancient complex. And now the door in ancient comlex wont open where you need 1 power cells and you get upgaded dash. i mean the door under upgraded dash where story leads you but bear friend said something that you can't return or something. So i cleared whole map and found myself beating cicero and now im out of luck? Missing the One step away story trophy and cannot 100% so unable to collect all posters. Any ideas how i could fix situation or am i sol and need new 100% run?

FIXED on update verrsion 1.03 

Edited by mahtimasa

Actually, when you jump in the hole after Urso told you there will no return if you advance, you can return to the main map and there's still a bunch of story after that 
In any case, you can continue to hunt collectibles, even after beat the last boss, just reloading your last save ?

Yes but i did not jump in the hole. I straight away when i got the dodge upgrade and Urso said can not return i left to 100% everything.I skipped that part on the story and 100% all other maps and then by accident killed cicero got the finished story trophy. but now when i load my gamewhen i go down in the ancient complex under the dodge upgrade to circle door is closed for me and i can not open it. hopefully this was bit more clear.

Edited by mahtimasa

Wow, okay, I hadn't understand what you did exactly. I must confess I don't know what it involve concretely, but as far as I know, you don't find anything in this hole, only an escape phase versus a gigantic worm. Maybe if you get all for shards to access the big door on the left of the elevator at the start of Ancient Complex, it will clear 100% your map...

I hope you aren't stuck and will find a fix :)

2 hours ago, mahtimasa said:

Need to enter that hole to get 100% area and it is needed for 1 poster. hopefully they come up with something to fix it or new game + or something. If not then it's new 100% run at some point. Really liked the game but this kinda ruined the feels for me =D.

Unfortunately you missed out on that trophy and the 100% for the map and the chrome poster. You can tweet the devs about it. hopefully they can fix it.

The whole Ancient complex with its slow "carry the battery" puzzles is annoying as hell and ruins the feeling for this, otherwise quite amazing, game.

Edit: I had the same problem, but after I reload the game that whole in the chase sequence was marked as visited and the area map now sits at 100%! Hopefully, it will work for everyone!

Edited by ASV-CW
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, ASV-CW said:

The whole Ancient complex with its slow "carry the battery" puzzles is annoying as hell and ruins the feeling for this, otherwise quite amazing, game.

Edit: I had the same problem, but after I reload the game that whole in the chase sequence was marked as visited and the area map now sits at 100%! Hopefully, it will work for everyone!

This did not work for me. Glad worked for you though.

Certain events don't trigger if you sequence break, it's a real shame this happens as it's not the only place.

You can sequence break in other parts by crossing big gaps by combining Jump > Power Punch > Punch Punch Punch > Double Jump > Dash > Power Punch (tricky)

I got messed up in the bottom left area (can't recall name) because I made a few jumps I was supposed to have grapple for and all the fixed gauntlets were not triggering, the stones just lied there on the floor and were not animating, so I couldn't defeat them to open the door 

So I managed to sequence break again and eventually worked around it but there is still that door that remains closed XD.

It's a shame as usually in metroidvanias, players try to sequence break to get stuff early, to speedrun etc, but if you do it here, it messes the game up as it's scripted in a unusual way for these types of games.

I hope they fix these things from happening, but if the whole game is like this, I could only see them fixing the few reported instances and the whole game.

Basically to be sure, you really have to try to follow the story route and if something feels a little unintended, then avoid doing it ;)