Next gen or current and why?

Killerkew

28 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Isn’t PS6 next gen and PS5 current gen? Meaning PS4 is old gen?

No, not as long as they can't provide consoles to the majority of the people. I still don't consider PS5 to be fully out yet, as they still can't even manage to stock stores.

I don't imagine there's a lot of difference in community, outside of the size. Supply will not catch up to demand for still quite a long time to come, so in the next gen community will just be the lucky few (or rich few that keep the scalping business going).

• 3 weeks later...

Offroadng - Buggy X ATV X Moto

On 9/11/2021 at 2:59 PM, DaivRules said:

Isn’t PS6 next gen and PS5 current gen? Meaning PS4 is old gen?

The whole world considers PS5 next gen and the PS4 current gen. Watch any commercial and they will say the same. I assume it's because the majority of players are on the PS4 and will be until the PS5 becomes more available.

On 9/11/2021 at 2:04 PM, Killerkew said:

Whats the difference between the player bases of next and current gen?

I always find people on the PS5 and I choose that format because of the graphics.

43 minutes ago, d3m0nd00d said:

The whole world considers PS5 next gen and the PS4 current gen. Watch any commercial and they will say the same. I assume it's because the majority of players are on the PS4 and will be until the PS5 becomes more available.

Can’t say I’ve ever seen a PS5 commercial. I suppose asking revealed I am an alien on a different planet since the rest of the world already knew and agreed on the answer. 

Since “the whole world” seems to define things as next gen until the “majority of players” are using that, I look toward three more years of having next gen conversation about things that are already out (and 10 million players have already bought) and maybe discussing next-next gen in another two years. While playing on the current-next gen. 

30 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Can’t say I’ve ever seen a PS5 commercial. I suppose asking revealed I am an alien on a different planet since the rest of the world already knew and agreed on the answer. 

Since “the whole world” seems to define things as next gen until the “majority of players” are using that, I look toward three more years of having next gen conversation about things that are already out (and 10 million players have already bought) and maybe discussing next-next gen in another two years. While playing on the current-next gen. 

Here is a headline from Kotaku listing PS5 as next gen. https://kotaku.com/all-the-major-games-only-coming-out-on-next-gen-console-1847221133

• Like 2