Dead Island sequel in the works?

ille1234

Dead Island developers Techland just recently registered a new brand called "Dead World" and it sure does sound like a follow up to Dead Island.

After Deep Silver released a slick teaser trailer, Dead Island jumped into the media spotlight and became one of Techland’s best selling games. Games that sell well tend to get sequels, so we won’t be too surprised if Dead Island 2 is in the works.

Techland hasn’t announced one… yet, but it seems like plans are in the works. The Poland based publisher filed a trademark for Dead World in the U.S., which suggests the zombie outbreak is leaving the island of Banoi. Anyone up for a zombie game set in a bigger world?

Good news for the Dead Island fans i suppose :)

Thoughts?

Source: www.siliconera.com/2011/11/02/is-dead-world-the-sequel-to-dead-island/

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

There is a new Dead Island game on the way called Dead Island Riptide. I don't know if it's a sequel though, but it's scheduled to be released on April 23, 2013. The preview I say on YouTube shows a similar scenario to that of the first Dead Island (the family running from zombies and the little girl becomes one), except it's on a small boat that's getting invaded by zombies and the couple in it (no kids this time) decide to blow themselves up since there's no way out.

Gonna be interesting to see how it compares to the first one.