DLC stars

greatfede

I got the platinum many years ago and i don't have the save game anymore.

I'm wondering if i have to get all the stars back to complete the DLC trophies...

I mean, does the DLC have 90 stars to obtain or are there only 40 more on top of the 50 ones from the base game?

Edited by greatfede

If you don't have the save, you have to start from scratch and get the 90 stars again. On top of your profile there is the number of stars you got, so the trophy unlocks once it reaches 90. No save means your profile will have 0 star when you start the DLC.

Your second question is a bit weird. The main game has 69 stars to get (23 missions) and the DLC has 30 stars (9 DLC missions + 1 free exclusive ps3 mission), so total is 99. Just get 90 stars from wherever you can, if you just want the trophies.

I don't know if you were good at this game, but after getting 100% achievements on x360 in 2009, i also decided to restart the game on ps3 just 2 years ago, main game + DLCs, it took less than a week to get 100% trophies and 99 stars, it's really doable, there are just a couple of missions (5 or 6 out of 33 made me sweat)  that are really frustrating on console because of both the sticks being slow and inaccurate and the FPS not allowing you to do certain jumps that are very very easy to do on pc.

Edited by Spike_Hostile17
  • Like 1

Thanks for the help, i wrote the wrong stars number since i didn’t remember the correct one from the game and i assumed the number from the trophy (which is 50).

Anyway i got the plat 12 years ago when i was 14… definitely not a pro but i somehow managed to get to 50 stars (also the chapters runs, that were the true nightmare) so i can pretty sure do it again and more if the dlc challenges are not that much harder. 
Anyway i was thinking to replay the game just for fun (also I never tried ME2 and having done the first one fresh would surely help story wise) and also try to complete it 100%

Edited by greatfede

The 50 stars trophy is from the main game and is required for the platinum but it's ridiculously easy. 50 stars out of 69 was already very simple as you can just 2 stars every trial and just get a couple of 3 stars on the very easy one. With the addition of the DLC trials, getting 50 out 99 stars is a joke. However for the 100% (if you care), you need 90 stars and for this you are gonna need to practice to get 3 stars on almost every trial and mastering the Insta-Full speed dash is a key (it makes you run at full speed instantly instead of gradually gaining momentum). Nothing impossible but the gap is huge. The plat is a 5/10 imo but the 100% is a 8-9/10 depending on the people. Anyway have fun with hidden gem, there is one game like ME in a decade.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...