Time to plat

ChouShirakawa

It took me just a tick over 80 hours. 

Whilst many could probably do Flawless R-Typer and Clear R-Typer 3 much faster than me, the real time sink is achieving admiral rank. The last rank requires 1,000 completed levels without dying. That can be done on the first level practice mode on the easiest difficulty over and over again but that still takes 2.5 minutes a run using either the wave master or  Leo-2 (1 full wave cannon charge will kill the boss). It is a real grueling grind to have to go through. Based on that grind alone it is minumum 40 hours just for doing that. The other 10-40 depending on skill will be getting good enough to beat the higher difficulties, no-miss run (which isn't easy), unlocking planes by grinding elements etc

Flawless R-typer

Best tips I can give is use the Leo-2 as your main. It is the best fully upgraded with good power and alternate between blue and yellow as required and the bits have controllable fire front and back. Always switch out before level 4 to the TX-T Eclipse or one in that production line as it makes level 4 a lot easier when you shoot your force out it will home attack and take out obstacles well for you during the tough hanging/swinging armoured enemies sequence. Switch back after. If you go the way of 6.2 and 7.2 as I recommend , make sure you have the red shot before the Bydo alpha swarm mid level on 7.2 on your flawless R-Typer run and strafe up and down the screen killing everything. The boss on 6 can be cheesed by hiding top right shooting backward with red shot and making slight movements up and down to catch the one homing shot that can reach you there and time the boss out.

This took me quite a few goes, the level 2 boss can also be a real pain in the ass as you will need to identify his pattern very early as the pods exit the chutes to know where to be.

R-Typer 3

On Stage 5 R-Typer 3 switch to the Concert Master. The full charge beam can just give enough breathing room against the spawning enemies that home in you as that boss is a pain on the highest difficulty. For 7.2 on R-Typer 3 I was stuck on that checkpoint for 3 hours alone and got through with the concert master using partially charged beam shots and a lot of luck. That is the hardest part of the game. Leo-2 will handle the rest quite well. The main issue is that if you die you spawn with nothing, so you will hit impossible difficulty walls on this difficulty as the enemies are too tough to kill with no upgrades and the bullet spreads will be too much.

It's definitely and 8.0/8.5 Difficulty IMO.

Edited by Shady_Wombat
  • Like 2

That one you have to play a level in score attack that doesn't start with level 1. I.e. make a custom score attack sequence of levels that goes level 2, 1, 3,4, 5. 6.1 and 7,1. (just don't start with stage 1 first). So here you will need to use the jump gate cutscene as the stages are further away. It's a completely random event.

Do not skip any of the start sequence you need to see the events happen. Quite often the game will throw weird changes in the start sequence at you (the flight operator will say she loves you etc) and the chance of passing the Dantalion during the jump sequence is pretty low (like 1-5%). When you hear an evil laugh - that is the one.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

To answer the original question, it depends if you decide to start on version 1.00 so that you can skip the grind for Admiral. The downside is that you won't have access to anything but the starter ships - which is more than enough, but still worth mentioning.

If you really push it, and have prior knowledge of the game, you could easily finish it within a week - probably the DLCs as well.

Regarding the Mega Wave Cannon, you need to utilize a ship that uses that specific weapon.

The second one, I believe it's enough to destroy every gun placement once.

Edit: With as many DLCs now added, I would probably add a week or two for total completion time, i.e. 2-3 weeks at the very least.

Edited by Mellenthin

• 3 months later...
On 2/1/2022 at 7:13 AM, Mellenthin said:

To answer the original question, it depends if you decide to start on version 1.00 so that you can skip the grind for Admiral. The downside is that you won't have access to anything but the starter ships - which is more than enough, but still worth mentioning.

If you really push it, and have prior knowledge of the game, you could easily finish it within a week - probably the DLCs as well.

Regarding the Mega Wave Cannon, you need to utilize a ship that uses that specific weapon.

The second one, I believe it's enough to destroy every gun placement once.

What exactly is skipped in the grind to admiral, is it just the 1000 no death stages?

17 minutes ago, ChouShirakawa said:

I'm still grinding those freaking 1000 no death stages...

It's the last thophy missing to me.

I don’t even think I’ll bother with it, it’s far too grindy. I’m only at like 200 and I’m only missing flawless r type along with a few dlc trophies.

On 23/05/2022 at 2:11 PM, DHawk12 said:

What exactly is skipped in the grind to admiral, is it just the 1000 no death stages?

Yes, it's only the 1000 deathless runs requirement that you can bypass.

As I mentioned, it unlocked when checking my stats after I knew beforehand that I had the kills and also the necessary amount of stages completed on R-Typer. The number of deathless stages completed were only around 300 or so at the time.

It's also worth noting that many statistics doesn't track properly on 1.00 which I believe is what causes the glitch. I can only theorize though as I haven't heard of anyone else taking advantage of said glitch.