Question about Invincible Trophy

ladynadiad

Am working on a trophy guide for this game and wanted to confirm two things for the guide itself that I may not be able to confirm myself. 

1.  Has anyone tried to see if backing up saves to a USB or the cloud and then deleting all save data before restoring it works if you screw up and get a game over?  I know it voids all saves associated with a playthrough once you get a game over but can't confirm if deleting the saves on the device before restoring would remove the system data that causes it to be voided.  If no one has confirmed it, would someone with PS+ be willing to start a new game and test that out?  I don't have PS+ to test it and can't seem to find my USB anywhere.  I'll gladly credit anyone who can confirm it either from past experience or a test.

2. Has anyone confirmed if screwing up the cannon sequence in the Defense of Mantara does or does not count against you?  I've heard both while researching it and am not sure if those reports actually confirmed it via personal experience or not.

1. I don’t quite understand what you mean here but this game can be save scummed normally. Just make a back up save once in a while and if you die just download it from a USB or the cloud. There is no need to delete system data. 

2. I’m 90% sure it counts as a game over. But it has been a while since I played it so I’m just not 100% sure. Although I did find a comment with a google search that states it counts as a game over. 

Good luck with the guide!

1 hour ago, Baker said:

1. I don’t quite understand what you mean here but this game can be save scummed normally. Just make a back up save once in a while and if you die just download it from a USB or the cloud. There is no need to delete system data. 

It was more the fact that the game voids the playthrough for game overs based on system data and not the individual save data.  I actually had 5 different saves for my third playthrough because my second glitched in Shiyawo Mountain and prevented further progression and I didn't want a repeat of that so I created a new save at each new area reached.  Third glitched and forced me into a battle I wasn't prepared for and I didn't quit in time and every save from that playthrough was voided, not just the one I loaded from.  With that it seems that even if I load a backup version of it that it would still get voided upon loading the game because that data is clearly separate from the save itself.  I'm trying to figure out where it is so I can know how best to advise working around it

And that's where the confusion comes.  I did find comments on Steam that said it did, but the Xbox guide says it does not.  I plan on not risking it myself and overleveling to 40 for Mother even if that's doable to S rank at level 38, but those three battles in a row are tricky and down to luck sometimes, especially for players like me who suck at consistently doing hyper attacks with Chado, Poky and Kayenne.

And thanks, though more like good luck on me not messing up playthrough #4 at this point!  Not that 2 and 3 were completed, but 13 and 7 hours lost to glitches and screw ups sucks.  I'm really good at the first half of the game now!

Edited by ladynadiad