Useful Tip regarding Shadow Fallen

Alos88

I haven't seen this posted anywhere so thought it might be useful- the game seems to decide which instance of a level has a Shadow Fallen in it before autosaving, so if the shadow runs before you get a chance to kill if you can just die or quit out of the game, reload your autosave, and you'll effectively be able to infinitely retry that level until you get it done! Happy hunting!

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I for the life of me can not hear anything different in that video when they don't find one, that video where they do find one, and any of many runs. 

I see on multiple sites online there should be some clear "sound" but I can't hear it over the games horribly mixed "sounds" been doing this spot for 3 hours now and I have yet to find a single one....... (Using any advice in the comments as well) 

I don't reccomend anybody start (any) of the Tokyo RPG games there is a reason the company is no longer in business after all.

Edit: The ultimate counter as per usual is to bitch online about it. Got the last one I needed within a half hour of posting (still didn't hear any different sound when using headphones)

Edited by SpaceIsDandy

Ya, maybe only certain ones make a sound, I never heard what they were talking about either. Though it doesn't take very long to run through and search manually. I make sure to run all the way to the 2nd smoky enemy miniboss as occasionally one spawns over there. You want to make SURE that you aren't just reselecting the first fast travel point as that will just send you back to the beginning of the same iteration of the level. You have to choose exit to the world map, then re-enter the level, and select the first fast travel point to reset the level. Though I am also finding plenty in the 100 floor dungeon so I didn't really need to farm them.