Easy way to get Miles Trophies

WimpyBadger

Hi all,

Sorry if this is posted somewhere, but I haven't seen anything related so thought I'd share.

I stumbled upon a useful miles glitch for your career.  I was trying to finish some races off and on all day.  I'd just pause the game and come back when I could get a few laps in.  Well it turns out if you leave your game at the end of a rally stage (this is my best guess) the game still thinks your vehicle is driving at the speed you ended the stage at in a straight line for however long you wait.  I started a rally and left it at the stage 1 results screen while I ate and took care of a few things.  My short break turned out to be about 4 hours.  I had just bought a new truck and noticed a few races after that it had hundreds of miles on the odometer.  After some trial and error I was able to kinda figure out what is going on.  But better yet how to replicate it.  Not only does the truck seem to drive forever while you wait at that results screen, the game will also add some more bonus miles to the total on top of what is added to the truck.  That part I haven't totally figured out what's going on, but in some (if not most) cases it was almost doubling the total.

I also noticed rally races seems to always at a minimum double your miles, even without waiting.  For the recommended rally below if you just race it as fast as possible you will only have about 9-10 miles on your truck, but 18-19 miles are always added in career.  This does not happen for regular races.

Recommended Setup:

Unpatched Disc version

• Patched version also works, but I had troubles with it crashing when it was close to an hour.  So you would need to keep your total time to 55 minutes or so to be safe.  Then restart the game. 
  • I didn't test the digital version.

Track: Best in the Desert Rally (Trophy Truck Race), this is only about a 6-7 minute race and 9-10 miles.

Vehicle: Fully upgraded Trophy Truck except suspension.

Steps:

Race to the 1st (or 2nd) stage finish with a few very important notes on how you finish the stage.  Once you finish the stage DO NOT press X to continue.

• Try to be as fast as possible when crossing the stage finish line.  Preferably 105 mph+.  After several tests, the faster you go the more miles will get added.
  • Be sure you hold the throttle 100% all the way until a second or 2 after you see the stage results.  Then you can let go of the throttle.  I do this after all 3 stages just incase it helps.
  • I found the first stage easiest as you can hang back a bit and then have a nice clean run around the last turn to build up speed.

Now wait how ever long you wish.  The longer you wait, the larger the bonus (in theory, haven't proved this).  Highly recommend unpatched as you can leave it for 2-4 hours for a big bonus.

• Does not work when waiting after the "Finish" stage.  It must be a stage prior to the finish.
  • For patched games I recommend a 47 minute wait assuming you do the rest the race as fast as you can.  Try and make it less than 55 minutes total play time or risk a crash.
  • You could actually do this after both the 1st and 2nd stage, but not recommended given how easy this game crashes.  Basically choose whichever stage you can cross the finish with the fastest speed (so long as its not the finish stage).

After you waited the 45 minutes, 2 hours, 4 hours, etc press X to continue and finish the race as normal.  Then check your career miles :-)

• When you continue to the next stage you will see the extra miles added to your odometer.
  • Your career play time will only go up the actual race time, without the wait time.
  • On top of the miles added to your truck, the game seems to be adding even more miles from somewhere, sometimes as much as double.  I haven't figured out what exactly is happening here.
  • Your overall profile (not career) does not seem to add these miles.  Or if it does its at a reduced rate.

Here is some trials I did:

I did 2 shorter 47-50 minute runs, which gave around 185-196 total added to the career.  The 47 minute run (47 minutes of waiting time) gave 196 and crossed the line around 105 mph.  The 185 was actually the longer run of 50 minutes, but crossed the line like 87 mph.  In these examples you could get about 200 miles added per hour.  So 1000 in 5-6 hours is possible.

I left for 37 minutes (unpatched) so about 45 minutes total game time.
Cross stage around 103 mph
Miles added on truck odometer about 73.1
Miles added in Career  150.74

I left for 4 hours (unpatched) so about 4 hours and 7 minutes total game time.
Cross stage around 105-106 mph
Miles added on truck odometer about 420.5
Miles added in Career 878.21

So you can see in the 37 minute and 4 hour example they both give about 200 miles per hour.  I'm not totally sure if the 2 mph difference is why the 37 minute example yields about 20 miles less per hour.

After only about 8-9 hours of casual off and on testing various times I gained 1,717.21 miles.  All of which I hardly had to be playing.  I just had to race the first stage, leave it for a set period of time, then finish the last 2 stages.  Only about 8 minutes of play time required each run.

Anyway I don't totally understand how its calculating the miles, but using these guidelines you should get similar results.

I hope this helps some people out.

P.S. I am playing unpatched so all the other trophies pop correctly.  I backed up my save when I was close to 1000/2000 and then installed the patch to get the trophies.  Then back to the unpatched version.

I haven't synced yet as I'm still unpatched/offline, but I was able to pop the 2000 mile trophy only like 12ish hours after 1000.  Had I figured out how this was working sooner it could have been much faster (and less work).

Edited by WimpyBadger
spelling
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
16 hours ago, bdias10 said:

Did the 2000 mile trophy pop at the ending screen on stage 1 or during the race? i think it glitched on me, i reached 2000 miles on career and it didnt pop, so annoying. Will i have to start again?? my game is at 1.02 and this is the last trophy i need for the platinum

I don't remember since its been over a year since I played this.  However I do remember that with the patch installed after you hit 1000 miles all the trophies would pop extremely late.  It could be hours after and then pop at some random time.  So sadly I believe you will just have to wait for the trophy to decide to pop.  As a test I did the Own 25 Vehicles trophy with the patch after 1000 miles.  The trophy was delayed.  What I did was start a race, quit, then back all the way out to the main menu.  Then back into career and start another race, then quit.  After 2-3 times it popped.  This is all just a guess, but I think simply starting and ending the races is enough to get the game to check for the trophy.  So if your playing on the patched version it might be worth trying this for 10-20 times and seeing what happens.  In this case you might want to drive 1 mile before quitting in hopes the extra mile will trigger the trophy.

Worst case you could back up your save and start a new profile.  You could just repeat the steps I provided.  Most the time spent would be AFK.  I'd just try and get like 1990 miles unpatched (to reduce the times the game will crash).  Then path the game and do a few races.

2 hours ago, WimpyBadger said:

I don't remember since its been over a year since I played this.  However I do remember that with the patch installed after you hit 1000 miles all the trophies would pop extremely late.  It could be hours after and then pop at some random time.  So sadly I believe you will just have to wait for the trophy to decide to pop.  As a test I did the Own 25 Vehicles trophy with the patch after 1000 miles.  The trophy was delayed.  What I did was start a race, quit, then back all the way out to the main menu.  Then back into career and start another race, then quit.  After 2-3 times it popped.  This is all just a guess, but I think simply starting and ending the races is enough to get the game to check for the trophy.  So if your playing on the patched version it might be worth trying this for 10-20 times and seeing what happens.  In this case you might want to drive 1 mile before quitting in hopes the extra mile will trigger the trophy.

Worst case you could back up your save and start a new profile.  You could just repeat the steps I provided.  Most the time spent would be AFK.  I'd just try and get like 1990 miles unpatched (to reduce the times the game will crash).  Then path the game and do a few races.

Hey man, thanks for all the info, it ended up popping at the menu of the stage 1 rally lol . I think some miles didnt count or it was glitched, luckily it didnt take long to pop

• 5 months later...
On 14-10-2021 at 7:43 AM, WimpyBadger said:

Hi all,

Sorry if this is posted somewhere, but I haven't seen anything related so thought I'd share.

I stumbled upon a useful miles glitch for your career.  I was trying to finish some races off and on all day.  I'd just pause the game and come back when I could get a few laps in.  Well it turns out if you leave your game at the end of a rally stage (this is my best guess) the game still thinks your vehicle is driving at the speed you ended the stage at in a straight line for however long you wait.  I started a rally and left it at the stage 1 results screen while I ate and took care of a few things.  My short break turned out to be about 4 hours.  I had just bought a new truck and noticed a few races after that it had hundreds of miles on the odometer.  After some trial and error I was able to kinda figure out what is going on.  But better yet how to replicate it.  Not only does the truck seem to drive forever while you wait at that results screen, the game will also add some more bonus miles to the total on top of what is added to the truck.  That part I haven't totally figured out what's going on, but in some (if not most) cases it was almost doubling the total.

I also noticed rally races seems to always at a minimum double your miles, even without waiting.  For the recommended rally below if you just race it as fast as possible you will only have about 9-10 miles on your truck, but 18-19 miles are always added in career.  This does not happen for regular races.

Recommended Setup:

Unpatched Disc version

• Patched version also works, but I had troubles with it crashing when it was close to an hour.  So you would need to keep your total time to 55 minutes or so to be safe.  Then restart the game. 
  • I didn't test the digital version.

Track: Best in the Desert Rally (Trophy Truck Race), this is only about a 6-7 minute race and 9-10 miles.

Vehicle: Fully upgraded Trophy Truck except suspension.

Steps:

Race to the 1st (or 2nd) stage finish with a few very important notes on how you finish the stage.  Once you finish the stage DO NOT press X to continue.

• Try to be as fast as possible when crossing the stage finish line.  Preferably 105 mph+.  After several tests, the faster you go the more miles will get added.
  • Be sure you hold the throttle 100% all the way until a second or 2 after you see the stage results.  Then you can let go of the throttle.  I do this after all 3 stages just incase it helps.
  • I found the first stage easiest as you can hang back a bit and then have a nice clean run around the last turn to build up speed.

Now wait how ever long you wish.  The longer you wait, the larger the bonus (in theory, haven't proved this).  Highly recommend unpatched as you can leave it for 2-4 hours for a big bonus.

• Does not work when waiting after the "Finish" stage.  It must be a stage prior to the finish.
  • For patched games I recommend a 47 minute wait assuming you do the rest the race as fast as you can.  Try and make it less than 55 minutes total play time or risk a crash.
  • You could actually do this after both the 1st and 2nd stage, but not recommended given how easy this game crashes.  Basically choose whichever stage you can cross the finish with the fastest speed (so long as its not the finish stage).

After you waited the 45 minutes, 2 hours, 4 hours, etc press X to continue and finish the race as normal.  Then check your career miles :-)

• When you continue to the next stage you will see the extra miles added to your odometer.
  • Your career play time will only go up the actual race time, without the wait time.
  • On top of the miles added to your truck, the game seems to be adding even more miles from somewhere, sometimes as much as double.  I haven't figured out what exactly is happening here.
  • Your overall profile (not career) does not seem to add these miles.  Or if it does its at a reduced rate.

Here is some trials I did:

I did 2 shorter 47-50 minute runs, which gave around 185-196 total added to the career.  The 47 minute run (47 minutes of waiting time) gave 196 and crossed the line around 105 mph.  The 185 was actually the longer run of 50 minutes, but crossed the line like 87 mph.  In these examples you could get about 200 miles added per hour.  So 1000 in 5-6 hours is possible.

I left for 37 minutes (unpatched) so about 45 minutes total game time.
Cross stage around 103 mph
Miles added on truck odometer about 73.1
Miles added in Career  150.74

I left for 4 hours (unpatched) so about 4 hours and 7 minutes total game time.
Cross stage around 105-106 mph
Miles added on truck odometer about 420.5
Miles added in Career 878.21

So you can see in the 37 minute and 4 hour example they both give about 200 miles per hour.  I'm not totally sure if the 2 mph difference is why the 37 minute example yields about 20 miles less per hour.

After only about 8-9 hours of casual off and on testing various times I gained 1,717.21 miles.  All of which I hardly had to be playing.  I just had to race the first stage, leave it for a set period of time, then finish the last 2 stages.  Only about 8 minutes of play time required each run.

Anyway I don't totally understand how its calculating the miles, but using these guidelines you should get similar results.

I hope this helps some people out.

P.S. I am playing unpatched so all the other trophies pop correctly.  I backed up my save when I was close to 1000/2000 and then installed the patch to get the trophies.  Then back to the unpatched version.

I haven't synced yet as I'm still unpatched/offline, but I was able to pop the 2000 mile trophy only like 12ish hours after 1000.  Had I figured out how this was working sooner it could have been much faster (and less work).

This method does work indeed, however it’s kinda useless as i’ve tried about 5 different times on both version 1.00 and 1.02, but i just cannot get it to pop.

The problem is the 2000 mile trophy was glitched on 1.00.  So you can't earn it no matter what on 1.00.  You need to get close but not go over 2000 miles on patch 1.00.  Then switch to the patched version and go over 2000 miles.  Be sure to back up your save first so you can return to the unpatched version.  Also make sure the miles are shown in your career stats.

Its been a while, but I did test this on an alt and the trophy popped.  Worst case back up your saves and try it from scratch.

1 hour ago, WimpyBadger said:

The problem is the 2000 mile trophy was glitched on 1.00.  So you can't earn it no matter what on 1.00.  You need to get close but not go over 2000 miles on patch 1.00.  Then switch to the patched version and go over 2000 miles.  Be sure to back up your save first so you can return to the unpatched version.  Also make sure the miles are shown in your career stats.

Its been a while, but I did test this on an alt and the trophy popped.  Worst case back up your saves and try it from scratch.

ah, you see i didn't know this. i thought every trophy was fine on 1.00. i'm currently AFK'ing (for the 6th time) with the method you provided if all goes well i'll continue my plans to make a guide with all my findings.

Thank you

With 1.00 all but the miles trophies will unlock fine.  With the patched version there is a weird glitch where once you have 1000 miles trophies take forever to pop and might not pop at all.  On top of that it seems like it would crash every hour of gameplay.  So that is why I said I was playing totally unpatched except to get the 1000/2000 mile trophies (be sure to back up your 1.00 save first).

You bring up a good point about the only thing I didn't test with my method.  I don't think I ever let the miles go past the requirements in the "glitch".  Since from testing I knew about how many miles per hour would accumulate I would just start ending the races a couple hours early and check so that I didn't go over.  So I'd be at around 990 and 1990 miles before I backed up the save and downloaded the patch.  I would then drive the trophy mileage on the patched version.

7 hours ago, WimpyBadger said:

With 1.00 all but the miles trophies will unlock fine.  With the patched version there is a weird glitch where once you have 1000 miles trophies take forever to pop and might not pop at all.  On top of that it seems like it would crash every hour of gameplay.  So that is why I said I was playing totally unpatched except to get the 1000/2000 mile trophies (be sure to back up your 1.00 save first).

You bring up a good point about the only thing I didn't test with my method.  I don't think I ever let the miles go past the requirements in the "glitch".  Since from testing I knew about how many miles per hour would accumulate I would just start ending the races a couple hours early and check so that I didn't go over.  So I'd be at around 990 and 1990 miles before I backed up the save and downloaded the patch.  I would then drive the trophy mileage on the patched version.

well......

I afk'ed yet again until 1980 miles, i then updated the game to v1.02 and played a baja 250. after that i was on 2028 miles, however STILL no trophy. then i figured i'd reload my save, however i must've done something wrong, cause when i booted up the game it stated the savefile was corrupt i fr don't know how to get this trophy, i've tried every possible way.

ive done:

1. AFK'ing on v1.00 past 2k miles 2x

2. AFK'ing on v1.00 until just before 2k miles then driving the last bit legit 1x

3. AFK'ing on v1.02 past 2k miles 1x

4. AFK'ing on v1.00 then just before 2k miles updating to v1.02 and driving the last bit legit 1x

i'm getting Mafia 2 and 3 flashbacks from this shit.

Edited by spellenboy

I'd need to reinstall the game again and try, but for what its worth I just raced one of the longer races in career.  I forget which, but it was one with laps, so not a baja.  Are you sure they are career miles and not overall miles?  It must be 2000 career miles.

Also I used #4 method from your list.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WimpyBadger said:

I'd need to reinstall the game again and try, but for what its worth I just raced one of the longer races in career.  I forget which, but it was one with laps, so not a baja.  Are you sure they are career miles and not overall miles?  It must be 2000 career miles.

Also I used #4 method from your list.

I see what possibly went wrong, i used overall miles then i guess. I never went into the carreer. How’d i do it in the career? Just start one of the rallies and let it run?

Just now, spellenboy said:

I see what possibly went wrong, i used overall miles then i guess. I never went into the carreer. How’d i do it in the career? Just start one of the rallies and let it run?

Yes, you can do it on the very first one if you want with the little VW Beatle.  That is how I tested in on the alt.  Car is really slow, so you need to wait longer.  I mention this just incase you lost your save and need to start fresh.  If you have any doubt, just run the race first normal and make sure it adds the miles to your career.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2023 at 4:53 AM, WimpyBadger said:

Yes, you can do it on the very first one if you want with the little VW Beatle.  That is how I tested in on the alt.  Car is really slow, so you need to wait longer.  I mention this just incase you lost your save and need to start fresh.  If you have any doubt, just run the race first normal and make sure it adds the miles to your career.

UPDATE:

I did it again in the career just like how you descibed it here. took way to long (like 30+ hours) i even surpassed the 2k miles by 67 miles. i updated the game and the trophy popped as soon as i started the rally again. meaning i finally have this godforsaken platinum trophy

Edited by spellenboy
  • Like 1

Glad you finally got it ?

And yes, the VW Beetle is really slow, but at least its all AFK boosting.  If you had faster vehicles available then I'd recommend those.  The faster you cross the line the faster it racks up the miles.  I thought I read your save got corrupt so I assumed you had to start over.