Good Game Recommendations for New PSVR Owners

ValkerianCreator

On 10/27/2021 at 4:22 AM, Moomba said:

My favorite is I Expect You to Die. I need to buy the sequel soon.

I think it's a puzzle game, isn't it? I believe it was in a big discount for like $7 very recently, so I will go see if the discount is still available and if it is I will buy it and keep it in my VR-to-try queue for another time. The PSVR is great for people who love puzzle games. I like them (not necessarily love, just like) and I thought Tumble VR, Xing, and SuperHyperCube were awesome. Statik is very good too, but I don't think it's my type. I get hopelessly stuck forever, lol.

Aside from the large amount of VR rhythm games on the market (how's Audica going btw lol) and bad VR ports of AAA games (Skyrim, Borderlands 2 etc.) one of the VR games that I've been enjoying a lot of recently is a game called 'Stride', which is a VR parkour game that you can tell has been heavily inspired by the game Mirror's Edge, which is another one of my favourite games of all time.

It's only on PC and Quest at the moment, but there is a PSVR version in the works that I will definitely try to platinum when it comes out. The new update actually includes achievements, so it should give anyone a good idea of what a platinum will look like.

8 hours ago, wltrsjcwvita said:

how's Audica going btw lol

I have 10 out of the 33 gold stars, so I think I can do it. However, it will take a while... ?... I definitely can't do that challenge with a time limit haha. I am capable of completing it, but I don't know when it will be done for sure. I'm guessing I can get it by the end of the year. Two other players passed my total global score at #97 however, so I am pretty sure that one (or both?) of them will end up getting it before me. I'm guessing those two must be shimabusters and matrixrider, who are 100% like you and mikecheck for this kind of stuff, lol. Honestly, the only people who will go for that Audica platinum AND get it are those who already have a prior history of getting other ultra hard and ultra rare VR trophies, and passing other challenges at that same level of difficulty, without giving up on it. Everybody else will give up (unless it is their favorite game for real), because it really isn't about the fun when it comes to the 33 gold stars in Audica, it is about passing the crazy challenge. In case you are wondering why I think I can do it: completing Racket Fury and SuperHyperCube's trophies was at that same level of difficulty too. Also, I used to be in top 10 highscores in Beat Saber. I think I still have like 5 or 6 of those that survived and are still there today. So, like I said, I have a "prior history" of completing some of these crazy vr challenges like you guys. It's not a coincidence that I think I can get this stuff, lol. I need to take my time and take it easy though haha. Like, if you asked me if I can get the other 23 gold stars next week the answer is no, even if all I did was play Audica. However, in 3 months (at a rate of 2 or 3 gold stars per week), I can almost ensure that I will get it. By the way, I will add you in psn. You can check how I'm doing yourself haha ?. Also, I want you to tell me how you managed to platinum BoxVR in less than 24 hours. I did it in 6 days as a "physical fitness challenge" and I honestly think I lost real weight with all the squats I did for that 10,000 calories trophy within the 6 days. To do it all in just 1 day you must have figured out some easier way to speed up that calories meter (obviously without putting in all the physical work). I'm sure you can't be an Olympian, but hey, you never know ?.

Note: These are some of the things I loved and love about all this VR stuff. You can actually do REAL fitness challenges and REAL skill-based challenges that do transfer to real-life skills outside of the vr games. After playing plenty of expert+ in Beat Saber I started to notice that I was seeing the balls at the racquetball court move a little slower (even though they move very fast), just like the blocks in beat saber's expert+ mode. I wasn't even playing racquetball that much during those times, so I know the gain in my eyesight seeing the balls slower was 100% from my top highscore hunts in beat saber, not from playing racquetball more often. With Racket Fury my table tennis reflexes went up without a shadow of a doubt. And now with Audica I'm pretty sure my ability to aim better at a target in real life went up too. That's probably why I stayed with it. It really isn't just about collecting psn trophies for me. I try to see if I can gain or train some transferrable skill from the vr games to real life. That way it wasn't just "game time," it was also "improving shooting abilities" ?.

• Like 1

Nice! Glad to see you've found some real world uses for these VR games. I wouldn't say I'm quite at that point, but maybe after I finish the Rock Band series I might try to pick the guitar up again lol.

With what you said about BoxVR, there are definitely tactics to get 10,000 calories easily. I set the workout time to like 60-90 minutes, and if you set your weight to the maximum in the game menu, any movement burns off calories to a much larger degree. All I did was shake the move controllers around randomly for the duration (without the headset on) and it made for a very easy trophy. That was the easy part, as trying to get the 100% in 10 songs trophy was absolutely agonising without taking regular breaks. Way more than when I did Beat Saber, not just due to the track lengths but how poor the hit detection was in that game. Quite a shame too, as from what I've seen of the PC and Quest versions, the hit detection isn't that bad, it's only the PSVR version that seems to have issues. Regardless, not one that I would do again haha.

I'll accept your FR, I am currently on and off practicing Audica myself as I am planning to get the record for that on a second account. If you want, you can add me on there too: @KirbyTwoSecond.  I was also planning on doing some sort of guides or at least videos where I get the gold stars in Audica, but after buying a capture card to bypass the recording prevention, I noticed just how bad the footage of the game looked. Here's an example of what I mean. So my options are either to record on the PC version where the videos will be easier to watch, or record on the PSVR version and keep it authentic to the PSVR experience, especially because there's very little footage of this version of the game available on YouTube. So feel free to let me know what you think.

Also just to keep the thread on topic, a fun game that I've been meaning to go back to is Salary Man Escape, which is a fun VR puzzle game similar to echochrome or the like. I've found a guide for it while searching, so if you get stuck there's definitely help available.

Edited by wltrsjcwvita
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...