Any 'Crash & Sunburn' Diamond tips for 'Wasted Potential'?

Eternal21

This has to be the hardest trophy in the game.  Hell, I've earned my share of challenging trophies in the past, but this is proving to be the hardest of them all.  I'm reaching a point of just giving up on it altogether.  I've been at it for 2 weeks now, and just can't get closer than 0.2-0.4 secs on any of the eligible tracks.

After not getting anywhere on Incan Duels, I moved on to 'Wasted Potential', because based on this google sheet, it's the next easiest track in the Crash & Sunburn DLC.  After trying with Mantis, I ended up settling on Rhino, because I'm just more consistent with it, especially on the final ramp. 

If anyone has time, Friend me, and try to beat my current time using a Rhino on that track, so I can get more insight on how to beat the level, from observing your ghost and maybe asking some questions.  Thanks.

Here's my best run on 'Wasted Potential' so far.  There are a number of places I could do better in the first half of the track, but I think I did as good as I can in the final section.  The problem is I've only been able to do it once.  99 out of 100 times I can't clear checkpoint 7 hill in an efficient manner, which screws up the later jumps:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Eternal21 said:

This has to be the hardest trophy in the game.  Hell, I've earned my share of challenging trophies in the past, but this is proving to be the hardest of them all.  I'm reaching a point of just giving up on it altogether.  I've been at it for 2 weeks now, and just can't get closer than 0.2-0.4 secs on any of the eligible tracks.

After not getting anywhere on Incan Duels, I moved on to 'Wasted Potential', because based on this google sheet, it's the next easiest track in the Crash & Sunburn DLC.  After trying with Mantis, I ended up settling on Rhino, because I'm just more consistent with it, especially on the final ramp. 

If anyone has time, Friend me, and try to beat my current time using a Rhino on that track, so I can get more insight on how to beat the level, from observing your ghost and maybe asking some questions.  Thanks.

Here's my best run on 'Wasted Potential' so far.  There are a number of places I could do better in the first half of the track, but I think I did as good as I can in the final section.  The problem is I've only been able to do it once.  99 out of 100 times I can't clear checkpoint 7 hill in an efficient manner, which screws up the later jumps:

I would still suggest Incan Duels, but in any case you can go to Leaderboards and watch a replay of the slowest Diamond pass, or race against the ghost of that rider, so that should help.. I hope you'll get it soon!

38 minutes ago, det_gittes said:

I would still suggest Incan Duels, but in any case you can go to Leaderboards and watch a replay of the slowest Diamond pass, or race against the ghost of that rider, so that should help.. I hope you'll get it soon!

The problem is I can't even beat my own ghost at this point.  And I'm done with Duels.  Most of my runs are ruined by that first braking section, and I am always slow on the final ramps.

• 2 weeks later...

It took me another week to even get close to this time, and easily close to 20 hours of playing that damn map over and over and stepping through videos frame by frame to see what the hell I'm doing wrong.  I still don't know.  In the end it came down to figuring out where my runs usually ended.  Then trying every single variation of leans, and getting lucky with a combination that let me get through to the final section.  On two occasions I came within 15ms, and then 20ms of my best time which was just infuriating.  Then finally I got lucky and beat my best by 0.4s.  This is easily the most annoying, if not the hardest trophy I've ever had to earn in any game:

• Like 1