PS5 Trophy "Tracker" stats question

DrBloodmoney

Quick question:

With PS5 trophies, where the site shows the "tracker" stat, eg:

Screenshot-2021-11-10-at-08-03-56.png

when does this update on the site?

I realise it doesn't seem to be constant, i.e. progress in one of these trackers alone, without any other trophies being earned doesn't seem to be represented, but what is it that actually sparks an update?

Is it whenever another trophy in the same game is earned?

Or is it whenever a trophy in any game is earned?

I guess it syncs up with the playstation network like normal, considering the tracker update as a part of a certain trophy. I had observed this in demon's souls when i took up the providential ring, the website updated to 1/30 rings but I had no trophy. So the tracker updates work independently, and you do not even need to earn a trophy in ANY game for it to be updated on the website.

• Like 1

Just now, rahulrx0 said:

I guess it syncs up with the playstation network like normal, considering the tracker update as a part of a certain trophy. I had observed this in demon's souls when i took up the providential ring, the website updated to 1/30 rings but I had no trophy. So the tracker updates work independently, and you do not even need to earn a trophy in ANY game for it to be updated on the website.

Ah, okay, interesting - so it must be on some kind of timed schedule then.

I've certainly noticed that it doesn't update quite as quickly as trophies, which seem basically instantaneous on PS5 (certainly, as soon as I oran one, I can update this site and see it right away) but for the trackers, it seems to be a bit delayed in updating.

15 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Ah, okay, interesting - so it must be on some kind of timed schedule then.

I've certainly noticed that it doesn't update quite as quickly as trophies, which seem basically instantaneous on PS5 (certainly, as soon as I oran one, I can update this site and see it right away) but for the trackers, it seems to be a bit delayed in updating.

When I finish gaming for the night and if a game has a trophy tracker then I like to see the progress I made (dead by daylight is one I use a lot) I tend to make sure that it counted all the small things. Even if I didn't earn a trophy that gane has been decent with tracking x amount of whatever.  Games like FFXIV don't track as quickly but I think that's because they keep data on the servers?  Idk,  it seems to vary depending on the games.

• Like 1