Should I make a completely new PSN account just for my first trophy?

ayneru_

After recreating my account to clear my trophy list and start fresh, I've had this account for several days. I would have loved to have a game or series that I liked to be as my first trophy, but that was before I was even aware of this website. Now I'm really conscious about my first trophy, and completion rate. My first trophy is a trophy from Monster Hunter World, and it doesn't really look good lol. I honestly wanted to play it for a bit, but not fully commit to it. Due to this, I now have a permanent stain on my account. I don't know anyone who has Monster Hunter World a 3 year old game as their first trophy lmao, so it kinda looks out of place. I would have preferred to have a game that I would enjoy or any other game as my first trophy. I'd make a new account in a heartbeat but Playstation makes that really difficult, create an account once and that username is gone forever, no transfers or anything. This has stopped me from claiming my PS plus subscription that I've already bought, and purchasing any games on my account because this just stays on my mind 24/7

It's entirely up to you. If you want to have the first trophy be from a game you like and it's going to bother you not having it, then you may as well set a new one up and deal with the faff of doing so. Personally, I can't see the point. I'd just stick with it and then work on making that account what I want it to be.

There's more impressive milestones out there anyway. First platinum being from a game you'd like would be a better goal to aim for in my eyes.

If it's really going to bother you then now would be the best time to start over, but I don't think first trophies matter at all. The vast majority of people don't think about their first trophy, so it's almost always going to be some easy bronze trophy from one of the most popular games. Because of that I don't think I've ever seen anyone care about what their first trophy was until now.  

And maybe you'll like Monster Hunter World, it's a pretty good game

Your account is so young its still in diapers, you have a few hours in, creating a new one takes a few minutes, only thing you lose is these few hours. If you do not want to commit to MHW anyway but care about completion and deem this unworthy of your first trophy, just start a new account, because now this annoyance can quickly be fixed, if it starts to bother you again in a year or so it will not be as easy. Going through this game just for completion is not something I recommend, as it can easily 150-250 hours depending on your luck, and the game was not really meant to play on your own all the time.

2 hours ago, Shadiochao said:

If it's really going to bother you then now would be the best time to start over, but I don't think first trophies matter at all. The vast majority of people don't think about their first trophy, so it's almost always going to be some easy bronze trophy from one of the most popular games. Because of that I don't think I've ever seen anyone care about what their first trophy was until now.  

And maybe you'll like Monster Hunter World, it's a pretty good game

True, though people are going to have trophies from one of the current popular games. MHW is an aging game, and proof of that is within it's active online player base decreasing. I honestly believe that within the past few months, there are probably only a couple handful of people who have MHW as their first trophy, and me, being one of those people that care too much about these small little details for some reason. At first I wanted to commit to MHW, seemed like a nice game to pick up on the side, but as I kept playing some features and mechanics of the game didn't really appeal that much to me. May as well save the 100-200 hours that I would've spent completing the game elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Nighcisama said:

Your account is so young its still in diapers, you have a few hours in, creating a new one takes a few minutes, only thing you lose is these few hours. If you do not want to commit to MHW anyway but care about completion and deem this unworthy of your first trophy, just start a new account, because now this annoyance can quickly be fixed, if it starts to bother you again in a year or so it will not be as easy. Going through this game just for completion is not something I recommend, as it can easily 150-250 hours depending on your luck, and the game was not really meant to play on your own all the time.

The hours I currently have on this account isn't refreshed and up to date with the website. I have over 30 hours played across all games on this account, but this number is literally nothing compared to the hundreds of hours that other people have put into games and then wanting to fully restart. Instead of having something bother me forever, I should just take care of it now and stop thinking about it. I'd happily fully reset my account if that allowed me to keep my username. I guess that won't ever be an option though.

Edited by ayneru_
added and removed words for context