Gaming For Gamers

gothicsyn

OK guys so as mentioned I'm a Games Designer (At least that's the ultimate aim) but our team is jammed up needing some help in getting things back on track, our company Devils Inc Studios are currently developing 3 titles 2 for mobile platforms and one for PC and Console.

But we need help if you'd like more information then check out our recruitment post here and yes I realise this is alot to ask but with a little belief I believe we can do it, We have already begun work and screen shots and more details can be found here, you can of course also pose question here or there and we'll be glad to answer them. 

• Like 1

I have a few suggestions as well as some questions

I find this incredibly interesting, i did notice just three things about the teaser video that could be changed, 

-The word "containment" is spelled wrong 

-"All hope is Gone" while that's not bad, it doesn't have as much impact as "All Hope Is Lost"

-Maybe the camera work can be less shaky, unless that's the point and whatever is holding it doesn't even acknowledge it.

Now for questions, feel free to answer or don't, your choice....

-How much of the "survival" element is incorporated in the game? (Starvation, Disease, Dehydration)

-Will there be more than one variant of whatever the threat to humanity is?

-Is there any consequences to dying other than having to go back to the last checkpoint?

-What can you tell us about the story so far? besides what is present in the Greenlight? (minor Spoiler)

-Do you think your team can pull this off?

Well that's it. and good luck with your game ;)

Edited by LeonGarza321

@LeonGarza321 

I will answer with as much detail as I dare

-The word "containment" is spelled wrong

Hadn't caught that but seeing how it's a temporary trailer in the long run it will be removed when we have a better trailer ready

-"All hope is Gone" while that's not bad, it doesn't have as much impact as "All Hope Is Lost"

We have to be careful with using anything around All Hope as it could be seen to step on the toes of Resident Evil 6, we have since altered the slogan I believe

-Maybe the camera work can be less shaky, unless that's the point and whatever is holding it doesn't even acknowledge it.

The trailer was an attempt at a live action idea that didn't quite pay off the way we wanted, the next trailer will be game footage and hopefully much better

Now for questions, feel free to answer or don't, your choice....

-How much of the "survival" element is incorporated in the game? (Starvation, Disease, Dehydration)

Survival is key it's about avoiding the enemy rather than engaging them, though should you wish to you can, we did a survey a while back while he idea of survival was appealing the idea of too many elements to remember was off putting, so we will stick with the general if your attacked you loose health, however the first time you are killed we will give the player a free pass with a side mission to find a phial of antidote in a set period of time. Your risk is based on how much noise you make or how close you get to an enemy.

-Will there be more than one variant of whatever the threat to humanity is?

There are various types of enemy including a near invincible animal hunting you, a secondary set of smarter more dangerous enemies that appear at night, adding another level of danger to the game, and the regular annoying hordes of undead

-Is there any consequences to dying other than having to go back to the last checkpoint?

This I believe is still been discussed but as yet the idea is there is that the game will utilise less use of the auto save feature, aiming for an older feel to the game where saving is the players responsibility so punishment could be potential heart breaking. The auto save will of course be present at key points to avoid too many bad results in that respect.  

-What can you tell us about the story so far? besides what is present in the Greenlight? (minor Spoiler)

So far the story without giving away too much is that you are an average everyday person so no top notch military training just an average person in the wrong place at the worst time, and you must scour the city in search of information on how you may leave the city and the country away from the infection that has turned the city to hell on earth

-Do you think your team can pull this off?

There was a time we thought it may have been beyond us but progress in the last 2 months has pushed us to our limit and we whole heartedly now believe it is possible for us to deliver the game we are proposing 

Its going to be open world go where you like, do as you please, the story will be objective driven, but there will be plenty to do, one storyline will have you scouring the city to find an escape another will net you a grand prize and another to discover what really happened and who is responsible, ultimately you will be able to play the game the way you want, create traps, to slow down the enemy or run like hell your choice, the more you repeat an action the better your stats become the better your traps, running hiding sneaking will become the levelling system is entirely dependant on your actions, of course those illusive trap materials require you to go hunting, and we will of course hide some items on the enemy, there will also be a secret team hunting you down to stop you finding their secrets it all adds to the element

Humanities = Humanity's

Biologist's = Biologists

00:00:07;13 = 00:00:07:13

Bio-Reaserch = bioresearch

contianment = containment

I'm just gonna be honest here, so don't take it personally... 

It's obvious the game is in the early concept development phase, but your production values and lack of attention to detail isn't helping your cause. I realise it's a garage project (we all start there), but the trick is to make it look like it's not.

On the positive side, you've gotta start somewhere and you've got the guts to give it a go, so stick with it and treat it as the first of many stepping stones to a career in game design.

I'm looking forward to seeing your in-game footage so we have a better idea of the project and can offer more in-depth feedback :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I do appreciate the honesty though that vid is from quite a while back when we were still kind of rag-tag, we have improved many things since then it's just the only "in-game" video we have isn't really ready as none of our animation was working at the time. Hopefully we will have a much better ready shortly, it is a real "shot in the dark" type project which is why have smaller projects on the go as well to help us learn to implement things much better. 

We are also preparing several Developer Videos as well. 

I do appreciate the honesty though that vid is from quite a while back when we were still kind of rag-tag, we have improved many things since then it's just the only "in-game" video we have isn't really ready as none of our animation was working at the time. Hopefully we will have a much better ready shortly, it is a real "shot in the dark" type project which is why have smaller projects on the go as well to help us learn to implement things much better. 

We are also preparing several Developer Videos as well. 

That's the right approach to take - chances are you won't make money from it, but it's the learning experience that's important in the long-run.

To be considered an "expert" at anything requires a minimum investment of 10,000 hours, so just keep chipping away at it and you'll get there in no time.

10,000 hours .... damn gotta have done that we've been working on our prototype for almost a year now, and solidly working too, altered many aspects and then rebuilt it from the ground up, our aim of course is to deliver a fun and engaging experience even so much as the prototype will be release for everyone to play before we begin the beta build of the game, we have taken our time over every aspect because we want things to be as good as they can be. 

Unfortunately we are suffering from staff leaving to do their own thing and that includes severely crippling our art department. But we are determined and that is something that is hard to match.

10,000 hours .... damn gotta have done that we've been working on our prototype for almost a year now, and solidly working too, altered many aspects and then rebuilt it from the ground up, our aim of course is to deliver a fun and engaging experience even so much as the prototype will be release for everyone to play before we begin the beta build of the game, we have taken our time over every aspect because we want things to be as good as they can be. 

Unfortunately we are suffering from staff leaving to do their own thing and that includes severely crippling our art department. But we are determined and that is something that is hard to match.

Well if you ever need story writers  let me know