Questions about Dream of the Wise.

Sunny

Hey guys hope y'all are doing alright and preparing for a nice holiday, I have a question, I'm on a quest to fully 100% Nioh 2 while the plat is not that hard I'm doing it completely solo even without blue graves NPC since they don't seem to help, I just got to Dream of the Demon and I think I'm not well prepared for the DLCs I have a 300 level character with an Odachi build based on the "The God of War looks Down " set trait and I was doing alright but the difficulty spiked a lot I have a +16 Firefly Blade and all but even so enemies have high defense and I can't see myself defeating Nightmare Bringer or that quest that has waves upon waves of enemies in the last DLC with my current progression, so I was thinking, should I beat DotD and start and finish DotW and come back for the DLC in DotD for the trophies or should I stick to DotD until I manage to complete it? Reason why I ask is because I was having a hard time leveling my gear past +10 on DotStrong but on the very first mission on DotD I got many pieces of equipment with a +11 and above so my progression went a lot faster, I already clocked 250-ish hours into the game and while I love it I don't want to spend anymore time than I have to since I'll go on a trip by the end of the month and I won't be able to play it for a while so I really want to finish it by then, any tips regarding this would be welcome, I already thank all of you in advance, stay safe guys.

To make Demon difficulty easy for the DLC your best bet is to reach Nioh difficulty (not sure if Wise difficulty would suffice as I didn’t stop there myself) and farm gear till you have everything in the high 30s if not 40s. This is the main reason why I really didn’t like Nioh 2. In the first game I could put together a great build for Demon difficulty before starting it but in Nioh 2 the best answer for completing the 3rd difficulty is to reach the 5th difficulty and farm gear which is just illogical. As far as reaching Wise and Nioh goes, you can just do quick side missions till you unlock the final mission then spam Scampusses for a mostly easy win against the final boss.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FilmFanatic said:

To make Demon difficulty easy for the DLC your best bet is to reach Nioh difficulty (not sure if Wise difficulty would suffice as I didn’t stop there myself) and farm gear till you have everything in the high 30s if not 40s. This is the main reason why I really didn’t like Nioh 2. In the first game I could put together a great build for Demon difficulty before starting it but in Nioh 2 the best answer for completing the 3rd difficulty is to reach the 5th difficulty and farm gear which is just illogical. As far as reaching Wise and Nioh goes, you can just do quick side missions till you unlock the final mission then spam Scampusses for a mostly easy win against the final boss.

Oh I see thanks for the reply, I'm halfway through DotD so I might just finish it and rush DotW to unlock Nioh and take it from there, and I thought the exact same thing having to proceed to a new difficulty then come back is just really weird, I think it's possible to defeat the bosses solo but it would be kinda of a pain, thanks again for the answer.