What's your favourite location in any game?

Skullahh

Thats a big list. Lots of games I've never played but I like the enthusiasm. Also like that you included some Red Dead Redemption locations. 

On 12/01/2022 at 5:27 AM, squid_online said:

I've played too many games in my life to recall my absolute favorites, but here's what comes to mind:

• The Final World and Scala Ad Caelum from Kingdom Hearts 3  
  • Mausoleum/Gehenna from The Binding of Isaac (Repentance/Antibirth)
  • Rapture from BioShock
  • Every environment in a Naughty Dog game lol

Seriously though, I think it's difficult to knock it out of the park with locations/environments since it's only natural most are same-y. Naughty Dog wasn't imagining abstract or mystical places with the Uncharted or Last of Us games but man, did they make ordinary landscapes look extraordinary. (I take back what I said about Uncharted -- Shambala in the second game was not an ordinary place 1f605.png)

I agree with you on Naughty Dog games. The Last of Us Part 2, despite liking it far less than the first game. I still cannot believe how good that games environment is. Like, the maps geometry and attention to detail is fucking unreal. Cannot wrap my head around how much time and effort went into making Seattle look so organic.

I thought this was an easy question, but thinking about it, it's very hard, what do you mean by favourite? to be in? as the characters in the game or if I could be there as myself? or just as far as looks/graphics/art? most of my fav locations are because of the characters that are in those locations, outside of that, as the game character: the world of Persona 5, because you pretty much get to play a gme within the game and you can be invincible if you're smart, as myself: anywhere in the world of infamous because I might get powers, as far as looks: Arkham Knight Gotham, that thing is just a museum art piece all around, everywhere you look

Edited by RedTitan_RedKing

Destiny Islands from Kingdom Hearts probably takes the cake for me. Not only do I love the music, the island atmosphere, design, etc. but I always thought it had an air of mystery to it. The actual amount of the world you get to explore is relatively small compared to what is hinted at in cutscenes, It'd be cool to have a more fleshed out version of it accessible in a future game.