Possible Solution to glitch (I’ve Seen It All)

SmileSlice

Between multiple online forums and posts, as well as my own experience, I THINK I’ve figured out the problem people are running into with the missing endings and cutscenes for other days.

I’ll outline exactly what I did first, as I never missed a single ending or cutscene from other days; then I’ll go into my theory. An important note about my method: I never performed a save/load during any of the chapters.

1) During my initial playthrough, I made sure never to skip a single cutscene at all, credits included. Got to the end “Fin” black screen. Pressed the X button, and the game’s system data made a save. I did Rin’s True ending for that run.

2) Started a new game, went through Rin’s true pathway again but this time chose answers to end up with the Good/Neutral ending. Therefore, I could skip cutscenes up to and including Night FIVE. From Night Six and onwards, I made sure to watch all cutscenes, including credits again, until the “Fin” black screen appeared so I could save.

3) Once more I stayed on Rin’s true path until the choices came to reach the Bad ending. I skipped cutscenes up to and including Night Five. From Night Six and onwards, I again made sure to watch everything through until the “Fin” black screen and saved system data.

4) I proceeded to finish all other endings, going in this order: Freedom True, Freedom Good/Neutral, Katherine True, Katherine Good/Neutral, Katherine Bad, Katherine New Ending, Catherine True, Catherine Good/Neutral, Catherine Bad, Catherine New Ending.

I made sure to stay until the “Fin” black screen after the credits every single time. Playing on Safe difficulty at least helped speed up the rest of the playthroughs to obtain each ending (the actual order of the endings doesn’t matter. The order I did mine in was simply to keep track easier).

Now, here’s where I think people are running into trouble with this trophy. What I noticed, is that some cutscenes have multiple versions of the same thing. Some of which are nearly IDENTICAL, except for MAYBE a single line of dialogue in places. As people online have pointed out, Rin’s Bad ending has a different cutscene following a certain boss that’s pretty similar to the True ending cutscene. However, I noticed this more than a few times with other ending cutscenes for all the other characters’ endings too.

I believe where people are going wrong is they’re assuming they’re seeing a cutscene they already have when they actually don’t; skipping them unknowingly, thus resulting in the missing movies for both the endings and other nights. My advice here is to go through an entire run for each ending, BUT to keep on the same “pathway” until each character’s endings are complete. That way, you’re getting all of their multiple/near identical cutscenes and endings recorded properly for each night.

I have also read something online that you NEED to reach that “Fin” black screen after the credits to ensure the system data counts that ending “correctly”. The other thing is the phone log doesn’t always arrange the cutscenes in a logical order. So while you’re working through your endings, it can appear as though you’re missing something, when you simply haven’t gotten to it yet. I know I had this worry myself on occasion, looking at the phone as I went through my runs.

My personal advice would be to not do the chapter select save/load, and instead do a quick playthrough for each ending while skipping puzzles in between to move things along a little faster. Definitely more monotonous to get through, but I never once ended up with a single missing cutscene (ending or otherwise) when everything was finished.

One final thing to mention as well. “I’ve Seen It All” still won’t pop until your last ending trophy pops on screen at the “Fin” black screen, AND you then hit the X button to continue and cause the system data to save. My trophy came a full minute after, because I was expecting it to pop at the same time as the final ending’s trophy, but it won’t unless you prompt it.

• Like 4

• 10 months later...
On 12/14/2021 at 0:07 PM, SmileSlice said:

Snip

Thanks, @SmileSlice for that valuable advice. To add to the topic, I might as well describe my experience with the I've Seen It All trophy. As previously mentioned here, the main reason the trophy glitches out for some seems to be the missing cutscenes due to skipping. Personally, I did the save/load exploit and it worked for me, BUT I never skipped any cutscenes! Some cutscenes are very similar but vary slightly in dialogue or length, counting as a completely new entry in your cellphone. I also never skipped the puzzles, because some of the animation at the end counts as an event for your cellphone, but skipping the puzzle skips the event as well. So here's what I did:

1) I played my first run on Normal, making sure I got the gold prizes on all Normal difficulty stages. Getting gold was optional. I was just trying to work towards This Is El Dorado! at the same time. During this playthrough, I made sure to save everyone, to hear all drink trivia, and to go for the Rin's True Ending. This was my longest playthrough. I did make a save at Day 4, but ended up not using it. I saved at proper landings for Day 9 and 10 to reload and get the rest of Rin's endings. I played through the puzzles again, as several events are mandatory to see here.

2) Reloading my Day 4 save basically reverted me to how the cellphone looked then, instead of unlocking all stages and registering all cutscenes I've seen so far, so I discarded it.

3) Instead, I started a New Game on Easy, this time using Autoplay to get through puzzles, and following the Neutral Karma Route described in the guide. This time I made my master Day 4 save that would be used for all of my subsequent runs. Reloading this one still gave me access to all stages and reflected all new cutscenes unlocked. From this stage on, I just followed the guide and attempted the endings in the same order, reloading my strategic save files, and NEVER skipping any cutscenes. It was incredibly annoying, especially since some later days have incredibly long animation sequences, but in the end it was worth it, because all of my cutscenes unlocked as they were supposed to.

4) Don't forget to get through the introduction to Babel as well, as it unlocks two (I believe?) scenes for your cellphone. These also count towards the trophy.

• Like 2