Secret ending bugged

StandSilent

I want to know if anyone else has seen this issue but I can't seem to type the password into the computer on Floor 1. Sometimes the PS4 keyboard pops up without loading the computer screen and sometimes I'm on the password input screen but when I hit R2 to enter the password

Spoiler

(mr.wgmthooh)

it just won't enter the text into the computer and I won't be able to open up the keyboard again to input anything else. 

I've tried everything - going back to main menu and hitting continue game, closing app, reinstalling app, hell I've even deleted my save after getting all other trophies and made it back down to the bottom again. I can find very little info about this game online and most of it comes from the Steam version. I see others have got this trophy even in the last month so it must be an issue I'm having. Could it even be an issue with the EU version of the game?

At this point I'm just looking for anyone else who has this issue as I'm at a loss for any information about the glitch and a bit lost on how to get my final trophy.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, APCGrayLocked said:

for me, after i've putted the password in the pc, no text appeared, but when i've used the door, i got the secret ending anyway.

Oh wow this worked! Thank you so much for this tip. What threw me with this though is that I have attempted that before but when I went through the door I got another ending. Maybe I had assembled all the photograph pieces by mistake and that ending overwrote the secret one. Another theory is that maybe I typed the password wring that time as there is a space added after the password when you choose the word from autocorrect (didn't want to type it out every attempt). Another nother theory is that sometimes the input keyboard appeared without even showing the login screen so it wasn't registering.

To anyone also having this issue do as APCGrayLocked says: Open computer, click on file in Desktop, make sure login screen appears with keyboard for input, type password (initial post spoiler) and hit R2, no text will enter but if you did it correctly you can hit circle and exit the door for the ending.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This seems bugged for me. 

I’ve done what everyone has suggested - typing it in, then leaving through the front door. 

Unfortunately, I get the rooftop ending each time. Made sure I’ve done it lowercase. Deleted any spaces. Made sure it’s “logged in” on the computer rather than just PS keyboard etc. 

But it’s not worked on 5 attempts. So I'll probably delete my file and try again when I’ve got all the other trophies.

EDIT: Just managed to get the Secret Ending trophy. Deleting my file and starting again seemed to work, although not immediately. The first new playthrough simply gave me the 'normal' ending, even when I put in the secret code. Then, on a subsequent playthrough (on Normal), the secret ending working. I was definitely putting in the right code every time. In fact, on the successful playthrough, I even used the PS keyboard's auto-predict, so it was definitely the same codeword each time. 

So if anyone encounters the same problem as me, I would suggest deleting your save (once you have most of the other trophies) and trying again on another save. It might take two playthroughs though (perhaps you can't get the 'secret' ending until you've got the normal one?). I'm not sure. 

Edited by Finch_III