Unplayable for Many in Australia / NZ

Mr_Wright95

Hey Guys

Haven't seen this reported here yet, but this game is completely unplayable for a large number of people in Australia and New Zealand.

Since downloading the game I have yet to be able to connect to any server or start my own game, this is the case across the PC / Phone and Console Version. 

(I Have tried all 3 servers at different stages of the day multiple times since launch)

Apparently this is a known issue, however this was first reported months before the console version went live. I have pretty decent internet given Australia's standards and even using 5G on my phone and still cannot connect to any server.

Just a word of warning for those looking to add this game in those regions. Looks like we may have to wait a long while before we can start this one.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

1 Month later checking the game daily and I cannot get put into a game on any server.

My Internet is pretty decent so I do not understand what's causing this issue.

This is commonly being reported over on the reddit / to the Devs but so many Aus and NZ players cannot get into a single game.

Pretty brutal as was looking forward to doing these 2x Platinum's on 4/5

Edited by Mr_Wright95
  • Like 1

I’m not entirely familiar with what’s going on as I’ve not stated this game since purchasing it on release day (due to the lack of a full trophy guide here on PSNP, somebody please write one!) but should this issue continue to persist going forward may I ask:

Is Among Us a region-locked game server-wise based on which country/region you buy it from, without any in-game option to switch matchmaking regions? If I purchase the game a second time from my US PSN account can I avoid not being able to connect from Oceania?

If yes is the answer to the second question, that’s should be good for me until Innersloth fixes the issue, assuming they will that is. Unfortunately the one and only downside to this is having a weaker connection to the servers, which isn’t all too bad for me personally playing other games from Australia with/against players from Europe and North America.

However I could be wrong about all this if Innersloth is anything like EA requiring you to create an account to access their game. Please correct me if I’m wrong but Isn’t that how cross-platform play is possible with in this game?

• 2 months later...