Thoughts about the game/platin

TheNekosphere

If u are thinking about getting the plat here are some thoughts:

There are around 108 levels, each level needs to be completed under a certain time to unlock the bonus levels. These bonus levels don't have to be beaten under a certain time, simply beating them is enough. The levels are short and take from 10 to 45 seconds and if u try to beat the time you can go one lvl after another, no multiple stages that u need to complete together (like In meatboy)

Difficulty goes up to a high 7 and high 8 for some few lvls (skill dependant, especially around Level/Floor 5, after that it actually gets easier) but the fact that the levels are short makes it manageable. There are maybe 15lvls that I would rate a 7 or higher, rest is tricky but ok. 

Time: around 20 hours

and yes you can AFK 90minutes.

and for the 10 rounds in a party I recommend doing it alone, you dont need a second player for that, and do 3 rounds. After the 3 rounds the victory screen appeared but then immediatly round 4 started and would just keep going and going so you have to manually quit the round and start 3 rounds again, not sure if its a feature or a bug, you also unlock a new character after the 3 rounds which is a confirmation that the win counted so no need to keep playing without restarting.

Edited by TheNekosphere

22 minutes ago, APCGrayLocked said:

tips for the final boss? I'm trying to beat it alone but geez, there is little to no space to move because of the bubbles.

also, for the 90 minutes trophy, you must play regularly with another player or you can simply stay still?

For the final boss, always get in the corner to avoid the big ball, be careful because from time to time the ball will end up hitting you and you will have to change corners, for the last part, which is the most complicated, wait. the ball goes and jumps killing all the balls you can until they leave you a space to hit the big one because if you hit it the game will end and you won't have to kill the other balls

so i killed her after many attempts to learn ball timing

for the 90 minute trophy I think if you can stay afk

• Like 2

Yeah what pumped said, corner can sometimes save your life but every 3rd or 4th time it bounces directly in the corner so its not always a savespot. It's also not recommendable to shoot a lot at the boss before destroying the little ones but also as he said the moment the boss dies it's immediatly over so if you are about to defeat him start ignoring the little ones and shoot all you have at the boss, I accidently beat him because I missed my spits and they fell from the top at the boss killing him before I even knew it was over? But that came after over half an hour of trying haha was trickier than expected

and yes you can AFK 90minutes, I got the trophy while sleeping.

and for the 10 rounds in a party I recommend doing it alone, you dont need a second player for that, and do 3 rounds. After the 3 rounds the victory screen appeared but then immediatly round 4 started and would just keep going and going so you have to manually quit the round and start 3 rounds again, not sure if its a feature or a bug, you also unlock a new character after the 3 rounds which is a confirmation that the win counted so no need to keep playing without restarting.

Edited by TheNekosphere
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, s3ph1r0th777 said:

Finally I managed to beat all b-sides stages, some have been quite tricky and hard, as I did them completely on alone. But with a little practice, everything is doable.

For b-side stage 1.03 here is a video, that might help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsXprakfBx8

Congratulations, too bad we couldn't do the b-sides together

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

To anyone who's platinumed this I wanted to ask a question regarding the b stages. I've been playing them from first level on 12th floor (currently at 4th or 5th) entirely in coop with a friend who has always hosted. So far we've earned the beat 10 and 20 b stage trophies.

The thing is that my friends trophies have unlocked at exactly 10/20 while mine unlocked at 11/21 completed. I'm worried this will cause an issue when all levels are completed. Has anyone experienced this? Any fixes or perhaps won't be an issue at all?

Clearly I'm jumping the gun as I haven't finished them all yet, I just don't want to go through all these levels just to be blocked out from earning the trophy lol. 

Edited by Atom1cMoose