Helpful Tips for Guitarcade

AihaLoveleaf

I remember talking to you about this almost a year ago at this point. I'm not surprised at all to see that you not only nailed every single trophy in the game, but developed your own cheese routes to accomplish it. It ain't a cheese if you did the work to discover it Aiha, you're an apex trophy hunter ?

Edited by kindajustin
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, kindajustin said:

I remember talking to you about this almost a year ago at this point. I'm not surprised at all to see that you not only nailed every single trophy in the game, but developed your own cheese routes to accomplish it. *It ain't a cheese if you did the work to discover it* Aiha, you're an apex trophy hunter 1f604.png

Thank you Justin! I appreciate the kind words. ? Guitarcade was definitely something I needed to employ every trick in the book for, especially considering that I was really burning to finally play some new games. Guitar is awesome, so hopefully people using this thread and myself will eventually learn to handle complex scales and fretboard navigation properly, but it is comforting to know I can do all of that on my own time without the crushing weight of those trophies on top of me. ?

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Great tips!

I have a question about scales runner. I'm trying to do this a bit at a time on the days I play, but I noticed recently that scores I get on the scales get reset when I exit the game! On the scale selection menu it shows your highest score for each scale you've played this session, but when you quit these go back to zero. On the leaderboard it has the combined total score from the scales you've played, but then recently this also went back to 1 scale and most recent score for me, I.e. also losing the other scores I had achieved.

Does anyone know if the game saves your scores somewhere locally, or if the scores are lost does this trophy need to be achieved in 1 play session? If so, this will be much harder for me than taking a few days to get a good score on each scale.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DimSmoke said:

Great tips!

I have a question about scales runner. I'm trying to do this a bit at a time on the days I play, but I noticed recently that scores I get on the scales get reset when I exit the game! On the scale selection menu it shows your highest score for each scale you've played this session, but when you quit these go back to zero. On the leaderboard it has the combined total score from the scales you've played, but then recently this also went back to 1 scale and most recent score for me, I.e. also losing the other scores I had achieved.

Does anyone know if the game saves your scores somewhere locally, or if the scores are lost does this trophy need to be achieved in 1 play session? If so, this will be much harder for me than taking a few days to get a good score on each scale.

The story I've heard is that a patch released for Rocksmith at some point that messed up Scale Runner, and made it impossible to hold your progress between sessions. You could possibly try to downgrade the game, but I didn't want to worry about my save file's compatibility or having to unlock the game again - so I suffered it out through a roughly 4.5 hour session, which was just as stressful as it sounds. 

I'm not sure what your overall level with the guitar is, so consider this advice pointed to readers in general: if anybody is feeling like they're not quite at the point of being able to get 4-4.5m points per scale yet—try coming back to it after grinding Master songs and conquering some of the other Guitarcade games. I had basically never touched a guitar before really laying in to the Rocksmith trophy list, so the skill level needed to cheese Scale Runner isn't that high, but I did need the experience I gained beforehand, before making a serious attempt for :bronze:Scales Owned.

• Like 3

On 29/07/2023 at 11:46 PM, AihaLoveleaf said:

I suffered it out through a roughly 4.5 hour session, which was just as stressful as it sounds

Thanks very much for your advice, I followed this and was able to beat it in a long session like you. The last 2 scales gave me a lot of trouble, I couldn't really get much over 3 mil on each, but I was able to hit around 5-6 mil in a couple of the simpler ones and made up the points that way. Thanks again!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

What a difficult task. I hope the 2014 version isn't this difficult or I'll definitely skip it.
Some take away points for guitarcade is if you're struggling and swearing up and down you hit correct notes but they're not registering for you then re-tune your guitar. Do not trust the built in tuner for this game I had to re-tune twice doing scale runner and re-tune again after about 30 minutes doing baseball.
Scale runner is the longest grind since you have to do all 11 modes in a single sitting or get over 50m from 10 or less scales (good luck). I didn't have a fight stick so I had to rely on a controller to pause and it was too difficult to hit with my toe. Scale runner moves too fast to attempt pausing with a regular controller.
Ducks and super ducks was easy enough doing pause trick with a regular controller.
Big Swing baseball was impossible until I stopped bending and started doing hammer-ons instead. Usually a whole step hammer-on or a whole step and a half hammer on (2 to 3 notes) further down from the root note. You can do pause trick with baseball, but half the time you don't see exactly what string it is. The best time to pause is when you can see what fret will be next, it'll play a tone and you can figure out which of the 4 strings it'll be from the tone. That way you have a little bit of time to hear the beeps for the rhythm.

One last thing the chord minigame was pretty tough as well even doing pause trick since a lot of the screen is obscured when you pause the game. Particularly the fingering posistions on the left hand side gets obscured. I ended up coping some of the later on chords by screen shotting capture footage then trimming them out into MS-paint. Something kinda like this. It's not a complete list however, but you can see just enough of the fret-board in the mini-game to tell which configuration of the chord you're playing is. *I don't know how to upload the image. I tried 2 different websites to upload the image to, but it doesn't seem to post here correctly. https://imgur.com/a/L1D618Z

Edited by Shlomo_Sheckles
  • Like 1