Pray For the End of My Backlog

Pray_4_the_End

T9CSkNH.jpg

Yo what's happening guys and gals, welcome to my trophy checklist. Join me as I trudge my way through my concerningly large collection of games in an attempt to dwindle my backlog down to a manageable size.

I've been meaning to make a proper checklist for a while now, but alas I've been procrastinating and letting my ever expanding backlog well... expand. Not any more though, as I've dubbed 2022 a (mostly) backlog cleaning year! I'm definitely gonna be checking out all the AAA offerings throughout the year and what ever indie games happen to pique my interest naturally. (But for the most part BL cleansing) 

I'm probably not gonna be platting every single game on my lists mind you, and If I had to guess my completion will hover at around 70% (and hopefully higher) like I've been shooting for and I'll be cool with that. At minimum I'll be beating these games and if the game warrants it I'll be leaving a brief summary of my thoughts and experiences. I'd also like to throw some polls up from time to time to get some input on what games to play next when I inevitably become bogged down by my indecisiveness. All in due time though...

This grand endeavor will likely take me years to complete but at least I've got a good starting point now fresh into the new year.

⚠️⚒️This checklist is a work in progress?️⚠️

Currently Playing: ?

PS5

Spoiler

Cyberpunk 2077

Cult of the Lamb :platinum: (100%)

Dead Space Remake :platinum: (100%)

Death Stranding: Director's Cut

Dying Light 2 :platinum: (100%) 

Far Cry 6 :platinum: (68%)

Ghostwire: Tokyo :platinum: (100&)

God of War Ragnarok :platinum: (100%)

Horizon Forbidden West :platinum: (100%)

Judgement

Kena: Bridge of Spirits :platinum: (100%)

Kona :platinum: (100%)

Lost Judgement

Metal: Hellsinger :platinum: (100%)

Oddworld: Soulstorm

Rainbow Six Extraction

Returnal

Shakedown: Hawaii :platinum: (100%)

Session :platinum: (100%

Sifu :platinum: (100%)

Super Perils of Baking

Tunic :platinum: (100%)

Trigger Witch  :platinum: (100%)

PS4

Spoiler

A Way Out :platinum: (100%)

Abzu

Adam's Venture: Origins Deluxe Edition :platinum: (100%)

Amnesia Collection :platinum: (97%)

Anthem

Aragami: Shadow Edition

Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry

Assassin's Creed III Remastered

Assassin's Creed The Ezio Collections

Bully :platinum: (100%) 

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered :platinum: (100%)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered :platinum: (100%)

Celeste

Darksiders Warmastered Edition

Darksiders II

Darksiders III

Dark Souls Remastered

Destroy All Humans! (2016 Version) :platinum: (100%)

Destroy All Humnas! 2 (2016 Version)

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Doom (2016)

Erica

Fat Princess Adventures

Firewatch (100%)

Flipping Death :platinum: (100%) 

The Forest :platinum: (100%)

God of War III Remastered

Greedfall

Guacamelee 2

Guns, Gore, & Cannoli (100%)

Guns, Gore, & Cannoli 2 :platinum: (100%)

Habroxia :platinum: (100%)

Habroxia 2 :platinum: (100%)

Hitman HD Collection (Absolution & Blood Money)

Mafia III Definitive Edition

Mark of the Ninja Remastered :platinum: (100%) 

Mass Effect Trilogy

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Metro 2033 Redux

Metro: Last Light Redux

Outlast 2

Perils of Baking :platinum: (100%)

Plague Inc. Evolved

Postal Redux

Psychonauts (91%)

Remothered: Broken Procelain

Rime

Scott Pilgrim vs The World

Shadow of the Colossus

Shenmue

Shenmue II

Shenmue III

Soma (100%)

Spyro the Dragon :platinum: (100%)

Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! :platinum: (100%)

Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

Stick it to the Man

State of Mind

Stranded Deep :platinum: (100%)

Super Perils of Baking

TMNT: Shredder's Revenge

This War of Mine: The Little Ones

Titanfall 2

Transistor

Twin Breaker: A Sacred Symbols Adventure 

Virginia :platinum: (100%)

What Remains of Edith Finch (100%)

The Witness

Yakuza 6

Yakuza Kiwami

Ys IX: Monstrum Nox

Zombies Ate My Neighbors & Ghoul Patrol

PS3

Spoiler

Dante's Inferno

Dead Space

Dead Space 2

Dead Space 3

inFamous 2

Splinter Cell: Blacklist

PS Vita

Spoiler

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate

Chasm

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Dispair

Dungeon Hunter Alliance

Flame Over (100%) :platinum: 

Gravity Rush

God of War Collection

Habroxia :platinum: (100%) 

Habroxia 2 :platinum: (98%)

Killzone: Mercenary :platinum: (100%)

Lego: Marvel Super Heros

Lego: Ninjago Shadow of Ronin :platinum: (100%)

Lego: Star Wars The Force Awakens

Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection

Muramasa Rebirth + DLC

Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD

Papers, Please (100%)

Perils of Baking: Refrosted :platinum: (100%) 

The Ratchet & Clank Trilogy

Rayman Legend

Retro City Rampage DX

Salt & Sanctuary

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time :platinum: (100%)

Soul Sacrifice (& Delta)

Terraria

Timespinner

Toukiden: Kiwami

Toukiden: The Age of Demons

Twin Breaker: A Sacred Symbols Adventure

Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana

Ys: Memories of Celceta

Ys: Origis

Zero Time Dilemma :platinum: (100%)

Edited by Pray_4_the_End
  • Like 3

Platinum #143 :platinum: Far Cry 6

1S26652d.png

Enjoyment: 5/10

Difficulty: 3/10

First Plat of 2022 is in the books for me. Ah the Far Cry games are really something else now a days, they've been following the same basic format with little to no changes since Far Cry 3 which came out 10 years ago at this point. For some this awesome news, more towers to climb to reveal locations (surprisingly this entry didn't have this mechanic), more repetitive side quests/fetch quests, more bases to be captures, more generically evil antagonists to slay, but for me it's really grown stale at this point. That's not to say there isn't any fun to be had with this game because it definitely can be loads of fun wrecking shit with friends on co-op sessions.

I ended up putting this game on the back burner for about a month to try out the PS3 I ended up picking and also knocking out a plat for Freedom Wars on Vita due to the servers getting shut off in Dec. I got bored pretty quickly the first few of days playing so I didn't really mind putting this game on the back burner for a while. When I did come back to it I was having fun just wandering  around Yara doing treasure hunts as those are probably my favorite aspect of the game. Yara is huge and a treat to mess around in on the PS5 cause everything looks amazing, especially if you happen to catch a sunrise or sunset while up high on a mountain somewhere.

The addition of the Supremos and Resolver weapons was kinda meh for me and if I'm being honest I used 0 of the Resolver weapon aside from trying them out for a sec when unlocking them, and I only used 2 of the Supremos my entire playthrough (I used the poison Supremo to unlock the trophy tied to it but switched it immediately after getting it). The one you get right off the bat is honestly the best all around Supremo once you level it up imo. Although I basically ended up using it solely for taking down annoying helicopters quickly (For the first 10ish hours of me playing I didn't even use my Supremos because I kept forgetting they were a thing lol) and the EMP Supremo is the other I used for taking out and hijacking tanks. I did also used the Triador Supremo for a bit towards the end there to wrap up some trophies, but that thing is OP af when used with La Varita Resolver weapon being that you can see and shoot enemies through wall while it's active. Felt too OP when using it so I didn't really mess with it too much. As with most games that give me the option, stealth will always be my first choice when trying to tackle bases or any quests that allow me to be sneaky. With that being said for the most part I used a suppressed rifle for stealth along with a suppressed pistol, an auto shotty for when getting rushed, and an AR-C rifle for when shit got hectic. That loadout carried me through 80% of the game without need to to change anything up other than having to whip out an rpg from time to time to deal with helicopters/tanks.

The side kicks this time around were pretty useless for me, the only one I used reliably was the black panther as he meshes well with my stealth style of playing. I did use the cock for a bit as well because I found it hilarious watching him run up on fools and start pecking the shit out of them lmao. The Cock Fighting mini game they added in here was pretty sweet I thought, it brought me back to my childhood in a way. I used to go to Mexico with my grandpa back in the 90's and we would go watch/bet on the Cock Fights some weekends, ahh good times. Another little small thing they added that caught me off guard in a good way was Dani singing along to random songs in whatever vehicle your happen to be driving every once in a while. I played as the male version on Dani and I gotta say, Dani's got some pipes on him lol. That little detail added a lot of immersion for me and I appreciated that greatly. The little movie/tv/game easter eggs that are sprinkled around the map in the form of gun charms, notes, random events, are also awesome and it was cool coming across those things and actually knowing the references.

Giancarlo Esposito playing the antagonist Anton Castillo was ok I suppose, but you barely get to see him in action aside from a few cut scenes here and there. This role is definitely up his alley it seems and he does play a good villain, but I feel he was under utilized in this game. For the most part he's seen trying to teach his son to be evil af like he is to try and take the mantel when the time comes. Of course his son has some sort of conscience it seems and doesn't want to be bad blah blah blah. (If you've played or watched any movie where a bad guy is trying to teach his son to carry on his evil deeds, son isn't fully on board, shit ensues afterwards, then congratulation you already know where this story is heading lol)

I don't think I'm gonna be picking up anymore Far Cry games after this one unless they make some radical changes to the series, and not radical in the sense of Ubisoft adding loot boxes or just straight up turning this game into a Free 2 Play game lol. I just don't think these games are for me any more and that's fine. Still had a relatively good time playing this one though overall, not my favorite FC game (FC 3), but also not the worst I've played (FC Primal).

Edited by Pray_4_the_End
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Platinum #144 :platinum: Spyro the Dragon & #145 :platinum: Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage

1S2020af.png  1S4258fe.png

Enjoyment: 7/10

Difficulty: 2/10

Had a relatively good time with these games and it was a refreshing blast from the past of nostalgia playing this pair. I had initially wanted to plat all 3 back to back but I seen the plat for Spyro 3 is called "Party Like it's 2024" and I'm gonna try and make that my first trophy of 2024 lol. Not really much to say about these games other than that they are awesome and if you're old like me and happened to have played the OG's back in the PS1 era then you'll be right at home playing these modern versions. The graphics look good and smooth for the most part, but the camera can be a bit on the janky side when flying around trying to cut corners while doing the time trials. Speaking of time trials, I'd say those were the most annoying parts of the game due to the fact that the flying mechanics in these games are kinda of terrible and there's no way to change the controls at all which I find kinda baffling but it is what it is. I really like the trophy tiles for these games as well and I appreciate it when they go out of their way to make them look good. Those gold and silver borders are just... chefs kiss ?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Platinum #150 :platinum: Horizon Forbidden West 

1S527a66.png

Enjoyment: 7/10

Difficulty: 4/10

This game took me way longer than originally anticipated to complete. Mainly due to the pacing and the fact that the first half of the game just straight up isn't good imo. Personally I'm not a fan of games with long prologues that take forever to open up and let you venture off on your own and this game does exactly that. The first handful of hours were such a drag I ended up putting the game down for like a week before feeling motivated to play it again. Luckily the game really opens up and gets significantly better in the back half so I did end up finishing it up on a relatively positive note. For me the story took a hardcore backseat this time around and the game play is king with this sequel. 

A few negatives that stood out to me right off the bat were the climbing mechanics, Aloy's crazy af hair, and the dialog options. There's a lot of useless dialog that essentially leads no where so I ended up skipping a lot of it because I didn't care what any of these tribes people were saying. Like yo, I'm trying to save the world here so forgive me for not caring about your "landgod" that's sick and help me help you damnit lol. I'm normally the type that sits and listens to most dialog options in rpgs that have that option so it was kinda weird for me. The climbing mechanic is pretty clunky in this game, like they were going for an Assassin's Creed type of climbing vibe, but it just isn't nearly there. Aloy hair is on another level and gravity has no effect on it apparently. You can be inside and underground bunker under the earth where there can't possibly be any wind and Aloy's hair will just be blowing around like she's in a fuck'n wind tunnel lol. It's pretty distracting but in a hilarious type of way so that wasn't that bad I suppose. There's also this weird bug I came across while changing the control scheme to my liking that pissed me right off for most of the game. (I swear shit like this happens to be all the time) The standard control scheme where :square: is the crouch and :circle: is dodge I didn't like, so I switched them both up and made :square: dodge and :circle: crouch. Simple enough right... WRONG! While playing with these changes you just straight up can't drop down from ANY ledges ever, and any time I came across a platforming section I was instantly pissed because I'd have to go into the settings and change it back to the normal control scheme just to drop down from a couple of ledges and that persisted for the entire game. Pretty annoying to say the least. 

Now for the positives! Horizon runs brilliantly on the PS5 with virtually no load times when fast traveling or doing anything for that matter. I don't think I noticed any frame drops in the whole 50ish hours I put into the game even when shit got really hectic and I was jumping around from robot to robot just ruining their days lol. I always tend to play on "Performance" mode when given the option so I'm not sure how well the "Resolution" mode runs, probably pretty well if I had to guess though. All of the environments are so well polished and the foliage is soo next level that I would find myself just randomly staring off into the vistas in awe ? of how pretty everything looks. The character models are top notch too, and even random side characters you only see a couple of times in the game look amazing.This game may also have some of the best facial animations I've seen to date. You can really tell when someone is happy to see someone or just pissed off by their facial expressions alone. I can only imagine what games will be like once devs don't have to worry about games running on previous gen hardware. 

Aside from the random ledge dropping bug I found, Aloy handles really well in combat/stealth situations. I always tend to lean towards stealth when given the option in my games so that's what I relied on most of the time. Hiding in a bush and scouting enemy paths and laying down a bunch of traps before I would pounce never really got old and was super fun the whole way through. The sheer variety of usable weapons and upgrades in this game is pretty staggering. I was kinda overwhelmed at first with the amount of gadgets available to use, but eventually I found THE loadout for me and very rarely did I deviate from that. I kinda felt bad that I wasn't using all the weapons cause some of the are pretty sweet (Boltcaster) but didn't go really well with my stealth setup so I didn't use them very often. 

All in all the game was fun if you can get over all the useless dialog options and the super slow start. Probably would've rated my enjoyment a couple of points lower (in the 5-6 range) if the game didn't really pick up significantly in the later sections of the story. Normally I tend to favor sequels over originals, but in this case I liked the 1st game better for the most part. Of course I might be in the minority with this opinion but it is what it is and I would for sure recommend the game if you've played the first one. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Platinum #151 :platinum: Guns, Gore, & Cannoli 2

1Sa86040.png

Enjoyment: 9/10

I played this game right after finishing up the first game which didn't have a platinum unfortunately, but it was still awesome non the less. GG&C 1 & 2 are a pair of run n' gun Shmups with some amazingly hand drawn graphics and a hilarious Mob Enforcer protagonist named Vinnie Cannoli. Vinnie is a master of his craft and does his job very well and likes talking shit while doing it lol. The plot is your basic run of the mill assassination job gone wrong in both games, but really the story takes a backseat to the minute to minute gameplay which has you running around various locations slaughtering everything and everyone in your way. Along the way you'll be killing the likes of zombies, Nazis, and rival gang members with all sorts of weapons at your disposal. Everything from pistols, shotties, rifles, flamethrowers, and a bunch of melee weapons are all here to mess around with to find all kinds of ways to kill shit. The games themselves aren't very long with each level being relatively bite sized taking roughly 10-15 minutes to complete. Took me around 4-5 hours to wrap up and 100%/Plat each game which can easily be done in a couple of sittings. Both games are on sale pretty frequently and I think I paid around 12$-15$ for the pair which is a steal for how much fun I had playing them. Play these games if you're a fan of Schmups and shit talking Mob Enforcers, you wont regret it!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Platinum #159 :platinum: Stranded Deep

1Sce111f.png

Enjoyment: 8/10

Difficulty: 5/10

Came back to this one after about 2 years to clean up the plat. I had played it back when it initially came out but it bugged out on me and kept crashing so I gave up on it. Pleased to say it runs way better now and the game only crashed on me a couple of times this time around.

This game is basically "Cast Away" the movie in video game form. (You can even find a bloody volleyball companion on 1 of your random islands lol) In this game like most in the genre your plane crashes near a bunch of islands in the middle of the ocean and your job is to try to survive and find a way to escape. You start off with a dinky little survival raft with a handful of rations, bandages, and a compass and the game sets you on your way. This game does a really good job of making the ocean feel like a terrifying place. At any given moment while you're traveling between islands trying to gathering resources all manner of sharks will attempt to flip your rafts and eat you for diner. I have a real hard time staying focused on my trophy goals with games like these, one minute I'll be working on gathering things for a trophy, and 2 hours later I'll be on the other side of the map fighting off wild boars and pissed off crabs while thinking to myself, "I feel like I was supposed to be doing something important right now..." lol.

Ended up knocking it out though with no real issues and I think I've had my fill of survival horror games for now. These types of games have some pretty rare trophies on here so ended up getting quite a few ultra rares to add to the collection which is also a plus. ?

Edited by Pray_4_the_End
  • Like 1

Platinum #162 :platinum: + #163 :platinum: Kona (PS4+PS5)

1S3b6342.png

Enjoyment: 8/10

Game soo nice I played it twice! Bought this game on sale at the beginning of the year for like $3 and was not expecting it to be as good as it was. Pretty chill semi-open world (small map) survival/mystery/walking sim type of deal. I've really been on a hardcore survival/horror kick recently, been playing nothing but that genre for about a month straight now (minus Mayo 3 lol). 

In this game you play as Carl, a private investigator who's tasked with meeting up with a wealthy client in a small seemingly abandoned Canadian town. Once you end up getting there things take a turn and you're off to solve a mystery in typical video game fashion. There are light survival elements to the game but for the most part you'll just be trying not to freeze to death. You don't have to keep track of hunger or thirst like in most games of this genre which make it a bit more relaxing to play. There is some light combat but for the most part you'll just be fending off wolves as you're investigating the town.This game is beautiful and does a good job of capturing the feeling one would have if you were trekking alone in the Canadian wilderness. The game doesn't really bill itself as being a horror game per se, but it does give off an uneasy vibe as you're exploring the town. Almost like something is always watching you from a far. There is no real dialogue other than the narrator''s voice in your head that will often give you useful information about whatever it is that you happen to be checking out. It feels almost as though someone is re-telling a story that's already happened when the narrator is doing his narrating. It's also never gets annoying which is big for me, sometime when playing games that are narrated by someone they never seem to shut the hell up, but Kona find a nice balance with it that doesn't feel to intrusive to the game. 

I always see this game on sale and honestly it's probably one of the best games I've played for under $5. So much so that that I played both versions back to back for both plats and I very RARELY do that with any games. Also helps that the game isn't really that long, you can pretty easily complete the story in about 5-6 hours on your first go around, and for the plat add another handful of hours on top of that. 

Edited by Pray_4_the_End

A lot of stuff there my man.

I wouldn’t rely on trying to 100 percent games like Dante’s Inferno because that’s a lot of work and online boosting you’re going to have to do. The Trials DLC is also delisted so I would just do what I can and move on if you don’t have it.

I’m going to put more of a focus for PS3 games in the very near future because I’m afraid of seeing this console getting phased out. Sony is ditching their legacy consoles, who knows how long they’re going to last at this point. 

Good progress thus far.

• Like 1

@AJ_Radio For sure, I went a little crazy with my spending the last couple of years so I've been trying to slow down on that and just chip away at the backlog for the most part. Fucked up thing is the games I have listed here make up probably only 2/3 of my actual backlog, these are just the ones I'm looking to get done first and foremost.

I've actually got the physical "Deathinitive" edition of Dante's Inferno that I picked up for a decent price off ebay around January of this year. Not sure what all dlc come with it, but I'm probably just gonna aim to plat the base game. Anything that I have to play co-op or multiplayer I probably wont bother with, I'm not trying to maintain a 100% profile or anything so I'm not too worried about it. 

23 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I’m going to put more of a focus for PS3 games in the very near future because I’m afraid of seeing this console getting phased out. Sony is ditching their legacy consoles, who knows how long they’re going to last at this point.

I'm doing the same, probably gonna do a full month of only PS3 games here soon once I get some of my quicker games out of the way. I'm strictly buying physical for PS3/Vita at this point just cause I'm vain and like to look at my collection lol. I've got most of what I want for Vita minus like 3-4 games and I'm looking to buy some more of my personal favorites for PS3 once I can find them at decent prices. All in due time though I'm in no rush, this summer is looking pretty barren like most so it's a prefect time to tidy up the backlog a bit before all the hitters start coming out this Fall/Winter.