Does Custom Mode disable trophies?

Eternal21

So I tried playing using Custom mode for the first time, where I turned off most weapons, leaving only the Whip, Bow, Turrets and Flamethrower.  I was careful to not touch any checkboxes that had the 'lock' next to them indicating they would prevent trophy unlocks.  Despite that, none of the DLC trophies for reaching new areas or beating bosses unlocked.  I went back to normal mode, and the trophies started unlocking again.  Not sure if Custom mode is meant to prevent trophy unlocks, or if it's just a bug.

15 minutes ago, Eternal21 said:

So I tried playing using Custom mode for the first time, where I turned off most weapons, leaving only the Whip, Bow, Turrets and Flamethrower.  I was careful to not touch any checkboxes that had the 'lock' next to them indicating they would prevent trophy unlocks.  Despite that, none of the DLC trophies for reaching new areas or beating bosses unlocked.  I went back to normal mode, and the trophies started unlocking again.  Not sure if Custom mode is meant to prevent trophy unlocks, or if it's just a bug.

You need to leave at least 20 items in the pool for the trophies to unlock. Once you are done with the settings and are about to "launch custom game", there will be a red text in the bottom right corner stating that trophies will not unlock if you have either checked any of the options with a lock, or have not enough items in the item pool. 

If you have no text there, then trophies will unlock normally. 

Note that aspects prevent flawless boss trophies from unlocking, even though that's not stated anywhere. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Arcesius said:

You need to leave at least 20 items in the pool for the trophies to unlock. Once you are done with the settings and are about to "launch custom game", there will be a red text in the bottom right corner stating that trophies will not unlock if you have either checked any of the options with a lock, or have not enough items in the item pool.

That's exactly what it was.  Thanks.  Do you have any tips on using Custom Mode to making the playthroughs easier?