My Beginners Guide & Overall Information (2022)

OmegaRejectz

Dauntless Beginners/General Tips

This is a work-in-progress post that I want to try to keep as up-to-date as possible and tried to keep the tips to things that are important but also aren't constantly changing due to the nature of it being a live service game. I would love feedback whether it be about information you feel I should add or about formatting. Anything in yellow are things I'm currently working on.

I hope this can be a useful tip for newcomers or people coming back to the game because of the new trophies.

Ramsgate (The main hub)

Accept Quests (Main Quests, Side Quests & Rumour Quests)

Craft/Create and/or Upgrade/Purchase

Weapons

Wils Boremen (Axe, Chain Blades, Hammer, War Pike, Sword)

Admiral Janek Zai (Repeaters)

The Scarred Master (Strikers)

Armour

Moyra Heigsketter (Helmet, Body Armour, Gauntlets, Boots)

Consumables

Granny Strega Tonics (Blitz, Bulwark, Frenzy, Ironhide, Stamina)

Admiral Janek Zai (Grenades)

Cells/Omnicells

The Middleman (

Lanterns

Arkan Drew

Escalation Buffs

Arkan Drew

Trials Shop

Lady Luck (Purchase Cells, Omnicell, Weapon Mods, Weapon Specials, Transmogs, Consumables)

Ik7LtrlYb_U2sgmXMWrgneHJkG9qINpdl5A9De3AKwd9IKDd_B12rvs6gkoERR0U-WJzfM4ZNHhy1iZDtR-3-0gxKTnIODKQ1bIgeBRh2bv1ahbEtD_wEIZILcDjFfHOo_a60YJf

When you aren’t doing Hunts (Hunting Grounds, Escalations, Trials, Missions, and Training Grounds) then you’ll be in Ramsgate.

You’ll need to use this place to accept new quests and claim completed quests. Purchase or upgrade armour, weapons, consumables, Open cells.

Every 24 hours you’ll be able to head to the fountain next to Gregario Flynt and get a Fountain Core alongside 4 Bounty Tokens.

You can have an unlimited number of Cores and Bounty Tokens so it’s great if you’re able to load in for a few minutes just to use the fountain.

There will also be 10 

Main Menu (It’s a menu alright)

Return to Ramsgate

(If on a hunt. Some situations don’t allow you to return to Ramsgate)

Start a Hunt

(Can be done at Ramsgate or while on a hunt. Some situations don’t allow you to start a Hunt)

My Slayer (Inventory)

Equipment

(Equip/Change Weapons, Omnicell, Lantern, Helmet, Body Armour, Gauntlets, Boots, Consumables; or add Mods/Specials to _)

Personality (Cosmetic)

Slayer’s Path

(This is how you unlock permanent buffs/upgrades/blueprints)

The Middle Tiers are the most important, these are unlocked by gaining the required amount of XP and then spending a minuscule amount of Gold. If you ever have one that’s unlockable, unlock it. These allow you to access new Hunting Grounds (Islands), as well as the Glider which is a very valuable traversal tool. The rest is not worth going into here.

Quests & Progression 

Quests, Bounties & Challenges

Quests

(Main, Side, Rumours)

Always claim every single Quest you come across. Not doing so is just shooting yourself in the foot

Bounties

You can activate 4 at a time. You get Bounty Tokens from a variety of ways, but the most non-passive way is using the Fountain in Ramsgate every 24 hours, you will receive 4 this way. Always have 4 Bounties activated at once and always claim and activate another when you've completed one.

Challenges

(Seasonal Challenges that have a timegate of roughly 3 months)

These grant Shady Coins which can be spent for Cosmetics for your Armour & Weapons or Combat Merits, Aethersparks, Patrol keys, or Rams. If you don’t care for Cosmetics solely stick to the latter half of items purchasable with this currency.

Journal

Mastery

Slayer Rank

Completing any checkboxes on the Behemoth or Weapon Masteries will level this up. The maximum is 50 and it grants Cores and Merits. Reaching Level 40 is required for ?Slayer Supreme.

Behemoth Mastery

Completing any checkboxes will level this up (seen in the top right corner). The maximum rank is 50. Completing these Cores and Combat Merits and you’ll generally just want to passively complete these. Unless you’re an in-game completionist.

Weapon Affinity (Mastery)

Completing any checkboxes in the individual Weapon Affinities (Axe, Chain Blades, Hammer, Repeaters, War Pike, Sword, Strikers) will level up that Affinity. The maximum for each Affinity is 20.

Reaching Level 10 with all 7 Weapons is required for ?Weapon Master.

Crafting every single weapon and piece of armour is the fastest way to level up your affinities and doing otherwise is just slowing down your levelling process.

Hunt Pass & Rewards (It’s just a Battle Pass)

Hunt Pass Track (50 Tiers. Free Tier, Paid Tier.)

Reward Cache (Where you go to spend your Seasonal Currency [Shady Coins] obtained from Seasonal Challenges.)

Store (Where you can purchase Platinum with real money, or earn a tiny amount via playing the game)

Social

Social Panel (Friends List, Guild & My Links)

Slayer Links (Link with anybody that plays the game and when you play you’ll slowly fill up your link. You can claim rewards)

Gameplay Tips

Loadout/Inventory (My Slayer)

You cannot modify your loadout while on a Hunt unless you use a Supply Drop.

Health Potions

You receive _ Health Potions every single Hunt. Going back to Ramsgate or using a Supply Drop will refresh your potions. These are “unlimited” consumables.

Supply Drop

You cannot use a Supply Drop if you are in a fight.

Every single Hunt you get 1 Supply Drop anyone that goes to the supply drop can use the following benefits:

Refresh all your consumables one time.

Heal 60hp/second in the green circle.

Can go into your Main Menu and My Slayer (Inventory) and modify your loadout.

Self Revives

You get 3 of these and whenever you’re downed you can instantly revive yourself. When you use a Supply Drop you’ll replenish these. These are like Health Potions in the sense that they’re “unlimited”.

Edited by OmegaRejectz
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...