In game tracking is inaccurate

Darling Baphomet

Currently on the road to platinum, and I've observed several trophy glitches so far - suffice to say this game does not accurately track objectives relating to trophies.

Firstly, I received the campfire trophy with ten or so campfires remaining on the island for me to collect. This was a beneficial glitch, but still shows the trophy tracking is off. My second (and far worse) glitch is that I have (according to the in-game medals) completed all 51 timed crates on the island. However, I have not received a trophy for it, and the map says that I have only opened 50 out of 51.

Edit: I have found the missing crate using the interactive map* linked below to filter out the ones I'd already gotten. It seems the in game tracking is what's glitched, not the trophies themselves, although as noted by another person the campfire trophy also seems to pop early.

Suffice to say this game needs some patches. Overall a fun game, though, albeit very grindy later on as the game stops having as many rewards to offer you.

https://ogmods.github.io/dysmantle-map/ - the map in question.

Edited by Darling Baphomet

Undercrown and Vulcano Island were released later as free DLC content on steam. 
We on Console got the full version right at the beginning. I guess the tracking hasn’t been adjusted for the campfire and link tower trophy, because these 2 trophies popped way earlier as they should have.

Everything else should track correctly and me and many others got the platinum without any issue.

Have you tried to scroll through your collection and find the „missing“ timed crate or a „?“ what could be the last crate?

Edited by xIRockyRock
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, xIRockyRock said:

Undercrown and Vulcano Island were released later as free DLC content on steam. 
We on Console got the full version right at the beginning. I guess the tracking hasn’t been adjusted for the campfire and link tower trophy, because these 2 trophies popped way earlier as they should have.

Everything else should track correctly and me and many others got the platinum without any issue.

Have you tried to scroll through your collection and find the „missing“ timed crate or a „?“ what could be the last crate?

That would make sense. Unfortunately I have explored just about all of the map that isn't hills / inaccessible, and I do not see any crates on the map even with it filtered to only crates - got the Undercrown crate as well. Going to try to tick off all the crates I've already found on the interactive map and see if I can narrow it down, but I think it's more likely that I opened a crate but for whatever reason it didn't count properly, since again, the medal shows 51/51 crates opened.

Edit: I believe I have found the missing crate. In a tiny unexplored spot I'd missed. So it seems it's the medal tracking that is buggy, not the trophies themselves.

Edited by Darling Baphomet

17 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

That would make sense. Unfortunately I have explored just about all of the map that isn't hills / inaccessible, and I do not see any crates on the map even with it filtered to only crates - got the Undercrown crate as well. Going to try to tick off all the crates I've already found on the interactive map and see if I can narrow it down, but I think it's more likely that I opened a crate but for whatever reason it didn't count properly, since again, the medal shows 51/51 crates opened.

Edit: I believe I have found the missing crate. In a tiny unexplored spot I'd missed. So it seems it's the medal tracking that is buggy, not the trophies themselves.

My next suggestion would have been to filter crates and count all 51 one manually on your in game map. Don’t know how often I did that, because I really wouldn’t like to run into a trophy glitch.

Strangely the medal tracker didn’t bug out for me either. But if you found the last crate, it doesn’t even matter ?

• Like 1