Mini guide / tips

visighost

Very little info around, so here's a mini guide again.

I believe nothing is missable. There is only one area you'll be locked out off (the first Northern mini-boss), but it doesn't contain anything, so it has no impact. I THINK you can fight the bosses again in the arcade, but I personally just replayed them all until I got the no-healing trophies. Would recommend you do the same, none are very difficult.

The game can be completed in 2-4 sessions, and I'd give it a 4 for difficulty (as someone who uses the whole range).

I recommend playing the game blind (not that you have much of a choice at the moment I'm writing this). You won't have access to all areas till you bet the 4 abilities, obtained through killing the mini-bosses (not the main ones). Still, try and explore thoroughly and tag the map when there are abilities you need to access some sections. Also try and kill as many mobs as you can as you won't get to 1000 naturally and it will help the endgame grind.

Trophies can be split in the following groups:

Story:

The gang leader recruitment trophies are story-based.

Kill trophies:

You should get the 500 kills and 100 clan kills naturally, with the exception of the Mutant Scale Brotherhood, which may need minimal grinding due to the more limited number of enemies, and the 1000 kills, which you WILL need to grind. To do so, I recommend the large yellow area at the top of Neon City: there's 11 easy enemies and a teleport boot. Just do a loop from left to right, and teleport back to the start, It saves your game, too! Don't hesitate to get hit, you'll grab the equivalent of two food items each loop. Also, use the attack drone for a bit more oomph. And don't bother grinding till you've gotten both endings!

Collectibles:

-Travel booths you will find naturally as you need to explore the whole map to get the other collectibles.

-All food/drink should come naturally. Some food items are only sold at some food stalls, so make sure you check them out. The selection is fairly limited overall (4-5 of each).

-Costumes cost 1 sewing kits each. You only need to get the 4 first costumes for the trophy (and the 4th for a questline). You can find the costume-maker somewhere in the toxic swamp.

-Drones cost 6 electronic scrap parts each. I would strongly recommend getting the drone that tells you where there are hidden areas first. It will help tremendously to find the other scraps. I would also recommend making good use of the map-colouring system (I used a different colour for each ability I needed). Note that some scraps are not in hidden areas proper, so the drone won't tell you about them, thus the importance of the colour-tagging. You can find the mechanics in the lab (last bit of the Western section).

-All gang members. The vast majority is story-based, but there may be a few who aren't (the map guy?). Explore thoroughly and complete all quests.

-Note that there is a video on youtube with collectible locations, but I don't recommend using it unless you're really stuck. Most items should be obvious (with the help of the drone)

Endings:

-Note that getting one ending puts you back at the entrance, so you can get both without save scumming.

-For one ending, simply beat the last boss.

-For the other, simply... don't! Just dodge (killing the zombies is ok). He will comment a few times, and will stop fighting soon enough.

I quite enjoyed the game, hope you will as well!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/23/2022 at 8:56 AM, visighost said:

Very little info around, so here's a mini guide again.

I believe nothing is missable. There is only one area you'll be locked out off (the first Northern mini-boss), but it doesn't contain anything, so it has no impact. I THINK you can fight the bosses again in the arcade, but I personally just replayed them all until I got the no-healing trophies. Would recommend you do the same, none are very difficult.

Nope. You cannot. Missed one of the boss trophies and it doesn't seem like there's any way to fight him again. There are arcade machines for the sub bosses in the arcade but none of them are actually functional.