How to Make This Game More Playable / How to "Get Good": A Short Guide

I appreciate the guide! Replicating an optimal setup won't be an issue, and I'll make sure to follow the advice here if I ever get started.

I've had my eye on this game since release, and it's been on my list for quite a while, but I just can't get over how terrible a value the whole thing is financially--absurd amounts of money for packs of 5-6 songs each that have not once seen a discount, nor any sign of a complete bundle. I know the justification is that it's "cheaper than the arcade version", but it still doesn't sit right with me. I can only hope this game will be made financially "playable" sometime in the future so I can finally go for those trophies.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

I appreciate the guide! Replicating an optimal setup won't be an issue, and I'll make sure to follow the advice here if I ever get started.

I've had my eye on this game since release, and it's been on my list for quite a while, but I just can't get over how terrible a value the whole thing is financially--absurd amounts of money for packs of 5-6 songs each that have not once seen a discount, nor any sign of a complete bundle. I know the justification is that it's "cheaper than the arcade version", but it still doesn't sit right with me. I can only hope this game will be made financially "playable" sometime in the future so I can finally go for those trophies.

I recommended buying one or two song packs in the guide, but I can completely understand why people wouldn't want to support this. No other rhythm game I know of has prices this ridiculous. I'm sure that the justification used by the developers would be, as you said, that it's cheaper than the arcade version. Looking at the cost of Project Diva: Future Tone, though, anyone could easily see what a horrible excuse that is. Anyway, sometime next month will be the one year anniversary for this game, so there's always a chance (albeit miniscule) that there will be a sale. I certainly wouldn't count on it, but you never know. 

• Like 1

The grinding part of this game is no joke. I've been nearly 100 hours & still haven't completed neither any of the group regular skill cards. The problem is you can still get duplicated card & the worst part is, even if the card's level already max'ed, you can still earn that card later on. So playing it for 100 hours or 1000 hours won't raise the chance to get specific cards you're looking for.

Edited by serpent_guy

10 hours ago, serpent_guy said:

The grinding part of this game is no joke. I've been nearly 100 hours & still haven't completed neither any of the group regular skill cards. The problem is you can still get duplicated card & the worst part is, even if the card's level already max'ed, you can still earn that card later on. So playing it for 100 hours or 1000 hours won't raise the chance to get specific cards you're looking for.

There's no way around the grind, unfortunately. I've still got a long way to go myself; I don't have the trophy for playing songs 999 times yet. At least μ's have a skill card that increases the number of card drops. I've never seen any more than two drop at once, though.