How is this version compared to PS5?

MarcusPunisher

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/02/2022 at 6:46 PM, MarcusPunisher said:

I tried to look up comparisons and thoughts on this version, but I couldn't find anything. I'm asking anyone who has this, how does this version compare to PS5 and is it a slight a big downgrade? 

Late reply but only issue I had was load times. They seemed a bit slow at times but that was it for me. 

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know about PS5 version but this game on Playstation 4 have serious problem with bugs and glitches, I mean especially when it comes to collecting items, I don't even count how many times I grabbed an item but i didn't show up in my equipment, it simply vanished after it showed up on screen. I had this problem randomly, mostly with ammo or saving tapes but one time it occured while grabbing a weapon (!) or even worse: key item (!!). Reseting the game and reloading helped, but I'm seriously scared it will occur again while doing no-saving trophy, in that case I'm f*cked and probably need to start the whole game over again. 

I will try to uninstall game and install it again, maybe it will help or maybe I'll try to play it without the latest patch. 

Edited by Kazuo_PL

• 3 months later...

A bit late to the party, but I just played through the PS4 version. I played off SSD and the loading times are maybe 10% slower than the PS5 version. The game looks marvelous and there are only minor visual changes from PS5 to PS4, I wouldn't even call it a downgrade. Zero bugs for me on either version.

SPOILERS BELOW.

There is however a somewhat important change - they added two extra enemies not present on PS5. One in the cell where you get the "The Experiment Tape" and another by the valve that drains water in the sewers. Both in the shadows and hard to see, so keep them in mind when on no healing / no saving runs. Also, I could be wrong, but I swear the guy in the operation room that you have to dance around takes extra ammo on PS4. It could be that I kept getting criticals on him on PS5, but I don't think so.

Edited by ShaNagbaImuru777
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I played both versions on ps5 and yeah - ps4 version is definetely a big downgrade. Loading times are bs deluxe and i had a hard crash during no saves run when i was literally close to the end. Very annoying. I can confirm the two new placed enemies in sewers and the other one in the morgue hiding very sneaky in the pitch black of the prision cell. They both aren't there on ps5 version. I'd still recommend ps4 version, as it wasn't unplayable in the end.