Difficult or grindy?

SmellsLikeJazz

• 2 weeks later...

It terms of difficulty i would say its a 4-5/10. In terms of grind its around 20-25 hours .

I remember 3 arenas giving me trouble, the daily run, was a pain. Story is going to take 2,5-3 hours each playthrough and you need 4. I liked the game and played it more than that! 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/03/2022 at 0:11 PM, Steva24 said:

It terms of difficulty i would say its a 4-5/10. In terms of grind its around 20-25 hours .

I remember 3 arenas giving me trouble, the daily run, was a pain. Story is going to take 2,5-3 hours each playthrough and you need 4. I liked the game and played it more than that! 

How do you do the daily run trophy?  What does it mean by level 5?

3 minutes ago, Dark_Overlord said:

How do you do the daily run trophy?  What does it mean by level 5?

Daily run can be done once every day, but..... ! If you have online save cloud, you can abuse the save/upload/download and play it as much as you want within a day. You start daily run day 1 and you must reach Day 5. Around 30' if i recall correctly

7 minutes ago, Steva24 said:

Daily run can be done once every day, but..... ! If you have online save cloud, you can abuse the save/upload/download and play it as much as you want within a day. You start daily run day 1 and you must reach Day 5. Around 30' if i recall correctly

Ah ok, so essentially 5 planet changes?

Oh and if you sign out you can just alter the PS4 clock to change the challenge ;)  It's not tied to online :)

27 minutes ago, Dark_Overlord said:

Ah ok, so essentially 5 planet changes?

Oh and if you sign out you can just alter the PS4 clock to change the challenge ;)  It's not tied to online :)

I dont know if that works but you can try! Good luck! 

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
1 hour ago, Cosmokeeper said:

Also, is it completely certain the daily runs aren't tied to online in any way? So all trophies are obtainable offline?

I was able to access the daily runs completely offline.  I never finished one though as they're pretty hard, though if an easy one was found (altering PS clock gives a new challenge) I'd be very happy :)

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for the information Dark_Overlord, that's good to know at least ?

I'm still hesitant to start the game seeing as it might be a 4-5/10 for some but for others it might be a 8-9/10 to unlock all the trophies.

I'd like a bit more information about the game, such as how hard is Extreme Difficulty, what does the corruption ending entail, how hard is it to finish a loop with five challenges active, whether it's hard to get the Completionist trophy and what is needed to get those enemies to spawn, how hard it is finish all 60 arena levels etc.

Oh and I survived for more than 60 seconds without shooting in both campaign and survival modes but that trophy didn't pop ? I played on another account since I don't want to end up with any issues on my main account.

Edited by Cosmokeeper

• 1 year later...

So there is essentially NO activity or information about this game really online.

Just my notes for the bulk of the trophies I earned.

For Extreme Difficulty, it was not bad if you play the loops in a row and do not return to the menu.

Perform all the difficulty trophies one after another. If you play on normal, the next loop will automatically be hard, the next loop will be extreme, and all subsequent loops will be nightmare. Since you are continuing the loops one after another your upgrades carry through. 

For upgrades, pick up the overdrive lasts longer, and overdrive charges faster upgrades when you see them and you will quickly reach the point where you can be in overdrive pretty much 100% of the time.

Convert the Radiant Spiders into extra lives while you are able to for insurance, since once you hit extreme difficulty you can no longer do so.

The All Weapons and All Weapons Overdrive trophies do NOT stack, so if you kill 10 enemies with every single weapon in overdrive, it will not also give you the trophy for killing 10 enemies with every weapon.  So keep track separately of this. This can be done in almost any stage where enemies will keep spawning until you complete something, such as killing a boss or charging energy. Just ignore the actual goal and focus directly on these two trophies until they are done.

For the "Entangled" trophy 8 in a row counts as completing a lash and dash chain. You need to lash to an enemy then dash into them, and repeat. If you miss a lash, or miss a dash the entire counter resets. You can go far higher than 8, but 8 triggers the trophy. You do not need to worry about this at all while playing, as one of the arenas that needs to be completed is specifically a lash and dash arena that requires you to do this 5 different times, so you will get this automatically while completing the arenas.

For the "Billionaire" trophy I hit the points total near the end of my fourth run. I had obtained a total of +120% to score bonus by picking up 6 total +20% score pickups.

For the "Completionist" trophy these are the path choices you need to make:

• Red path-> Green choices all the way through. This will earn you "Stop Sacrifice" and "Corrupted Survive".
  • Green path-> Blue choices all the way through. This will earn you "Stop Survive" and "Corrupted Spite".
  • Blue path-> Red choices all the way through. This will earn you "Stop Spite", "Corrupted Sacrifice", and "Completionist"

The way the mid boss and final boss work is whatever color you initially pick, the other two will be your bosses. The path you choose will be your mid boss, and the remaining one will be your final boss.  

For the "Corrupted" trophy, once you have finished your run above and beaten all the difficulties the next time you start a new run and you reach the choice menu to pick a path from the three options, there will be a glowing portal above them that is the fourth option. Specifically beating the game with all three character is what triggers the appearance of the corrupted path. Just picking that path will award the trophy, you do not need to actually complete it.

spacer.png

You can do the Corrupted run at the same time as the "Maximum Challenge" run as well to make it a tiny bit easier. Since when you do the corrupted run it gives you 6 or 7 extra powerups in your loop. Once you select corrupted it turns you into the spider boss and you do around 2 more levels then it restarts the loop without asking you, continuing at the same difficulty you were at with the upgrades you had picked up, and your ship remaining in the spider form. When in overdrive you do not waste ammo so that can help counter the "Out of Ammo" challenge. Taking the Vampire upgrade for the lash will help with the "No Health Drops" Challenge. I suggest picking up the ability to lash armored spiders as well the second you see it, as that will be helpful with essentially everything.

For the defeat 10,000 spiders trophy, for reference, by the time I had finished four runs I was at 9,700 spiders.

For the "Blaster" trophy, make sure you do not drop the blaster at all. Even if you get it back in the same stage, the trophy will no longer work. You must do the entire run with the same blaster you start with.

So for example if you start a run, and pick up two weapons, shoot all their ammo, and have your blaster back, the trophy will not pop.

That is all the info I have right now as I am still working on cleaning up what is left but that is all the info I was looking for myself and could not find anywhere while I was playing.

Edit update:

For me personally now that I have started doing the cleanup this is definitely an 8. All of the difficulty trophies, weapons, kills, and endings are around a 5, but the "Daily Run" and "Arena Champion" trophies are much harder. Daily run is hard mode, with random challenges attached to it, one single life, and your ship starts out with zero upgrades. Maybe some will not find this hard, but I found it extremely difficult. Perhaps after getting a few upgrades from bosses it will be a bit easier but I have not survived long enough to find out. I do not think this has to do with reaching day 5, but level 5 right?

Some of the arenas as well are rough. Even when you do things perfectly, the enemies just do not spawn in great spots resulting in things like you running out of time without even seeing enough to kill, or enemies self-destructing and ending things early. The hardest arena levels by far are Radiance levels 4 and 5. I have been stuck on Radiance 5 longer than all the other arenas combined. 

After more tries than I can count I finally completed it doing circles around the rifts, and completely avoiding the open areas. Out in the open always results in getting swarmed or blown up. Sticking to hugging the rifts though and picking off the spiders while passing ended up being the safest way to complete this final arena.

Edit again:

Further information on the "Daily Run". I finally got this done, and I would say that the run that was successful was definitely a 5 difficulty, where as the previous run was a 8. So this is really just down to RNG. If you get a good random set of options it can be much easier. The one that was successful for me had no challenges at all other than the "Game Over" challenge. The bosses as well were easy. First boss = 2 Orb spiders. Second boss = the large spider that does not move and just attacks with the legs with orbs on them. Third boss = 1 Orb Spider. Fourth Boss = Giant Grub. Fifth Boss = 1 Orb Spider. Sixth Boss = 2 Giant Grubs.

This did not trigger when I hit level 5 like the trophy suggest, or when I hit level 6. The trophy triggered after I killed the sixth boss and reached Level 7. 

For those attempting this, I highly recommend taking "Vampiric Lash" if it is an option immediately over anything else.

The following upgrades turned this into a breeze. "Vampiric Lash", "Phasing Lash", "Piercing Lash", "Overdrive Lash", and "Lethal Dash".  The biggest issue is survival early on with low or possibly no health drops at all, so making it through the first boss and getting better healing from a lash makes this much easier.

I also noticed that the further you get into the daily run the higher the difficulty. By Level 5 the difficulty was "Extreme".

Officially done with the platinum. Time to plat was 34 hours.

The pain points in the trophy for those going for it will be Daily Run, and around 4 of the 60 arenas.

Edited by Halaster