about the 8000 miles...

luckyegg

so this is my first gran turismo since ps1 and i was wondering if playing with friends in custom lobbies would count for the 8k miles online. people are telling me it has to be grinded on the sport mode. but it says online and the custom lobbies are under multiplayer. obviously splitscreen wouldnt count but there is an option to join random lobbies

edit a custom lobby works!!! i putted it on public and had a friend join

Edited by luckyegg
  • Like 1

On 05/03/2022 at 10:05 AM, luckyegg said:

so this is my first gran turismo since ps1 and i was wondering if playing with friends in custom lobbies would count for the 8k miles online. people are telling me it has to be grinded on the sport mode. but it says online and the custom lobbies are under multiplayer. obviously splitscreen wouldnt count but there is an option to join random lobbies

edit a custom lobby works!!! i putted it on public and had a friend join

Did you just do practice session or did you race all the time ?

I'm considering stucking R2 on Daytona with the Dodge Tomahawk with a friend...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jo-La-Mouche said:

Did you just do practice session or did you race all the time ?

I'm considering stucking R2 on Daytona with the Dodge Tomahawk with a friend...

i did endurance practice for 12 hours had my friend join and after 12 hours the first online trophy popped for both. after that i found a 5 man group we did a 4 hour session and it popped for everyone (the 8k one) even tho some people in the lobby had less then 1000 miles. i did the actual race but i pressed ps button and it autodrived then i just slept and did other stuff for 12 hours

Edited by luckyegg
  • Like 1

A few tips on this.

1. Disable the automatic rest mode in settings (Settings > System > Power Saving > Set Time Until PS5 Enters Rest Mode > Don't put in Rest Mode)
  2. Also disable the controller power saving (Set Time Until Controllers Turn Off > Don't Turn Off)
  3. Connect your controller to a charger (if it's a battery powered)
  4. Create a public room on multiplayer lobby
    1. Track Special Stage Route X
    2. Turn off every restriction, wear and tear, etc
    3. Both lap-based room (Practice/Race) and time-based room (Practice/Endurance Race) work just fine
    4. Use some appropriate room names to draw people in, because you would need at least 1 other person to start the game (if you're going to invite your friends, then it's not necessary)
  5. Select Dodge SRT Tomahawk X Vision Gran Turismo (the one with 2,586hp) and turn on every assist (including auto drive) before you start the race
  6. Start the race, drive it for a few second, and then press the options button (the one with three horizontal lines) to engage the auto drive (ps button also works)
  7. You don't need everyone to stay in the room. Even if everyone retired and went out long before the race finishes, you'll get your mileage.

I didn't do 1. and 2. on my first try, so my PS5 turned itself off after 4 hours, resulting in a total loss. The exact same method could be used for the Round and Round trophy (though I'm not sure whether Special Stage Route X could be counted as an oval track or not. I did it on Daytona). The Tomahawk will lap the Special Stage Route X (30.2km) in 200-201 seconds when it's on autodrive (roughly 540km/h).

Edited by Wendenhorn
  • Like 2

Just been going for the "Round and Round" trophy in single player (custom race) and can confirm Special Stage Route X works!

Using the Dodge SRT Tomahawk X VGT, it takes just over 3 minutes a lap. I did it in 10 Lap sessions, which takes a total of 32 minutes. Should take about 27 Laps. ? (Although it'll be somewhat less than this once you've done the campaign etc.)

• Like 1