Extremely slow copying to USB

Kiyan-13

I'm using a USB stick to backup my games' saved data and copying to it is extremely slow. While copying from the USB to ps4 takes seconds, copying from ps4 to USB takes like 2 minutes with the speed being close to 100-200KB/s for a save file of 20MB... The USB stick is an adapter with an Ultra SanDisk HC1 memory inside which is supposed to support a minimum of 10MB/s. Also I'm using a cable with male & female USB ports because the stick doesn't fit because of ps4's design... ?

Any idea what might be the problem? Is it the memory card, the adapter, the cable, the ps4 or a combination of them?

Any suggestions for a USB stick that actually fits ps4's USB port? 

Edited by Kiyan-13

apparently it's normal. i had the same problem. I needed to copy hundreds of save files for a system restore, and the process took a long time. if there is a way to decrease the slowness, I don't know.

4 hours ago, kevao97 said:

apparently it's normal. i had the same problem. I needed to copy hundreds of save files for a system restore, and the process took a long time. if there is a way to decrease the slowness, I don't know.

3 hours ago, RedRodriguez87 said:

Upload/download speed is just one of the many downgrades going from the PS3 to PS4.

Doesn't really help me much ?

Anyway, my guess is probably adapter's fault and/or ps4 ports not supporting USB 2.0. I'll buy a USB 3.1 stick to test if I still get that slow copying, they are pretty cheap. 

Edited by Kiyan-13

3 minutes ago, Kiyan-13 said:

Doesn't really help me much 1f605.png

Anyway, my guess is probably adapter's fault and/or ps4 ports not supporting USB 2.0. I'll buy a USB 3.1 stick to test if I still get that slow copying, they are pretty cheap. 

That's it, I don't know if there's a way to help you. seems to be the default. ps4 is just slow.