No way to buy the game?

Throw7

Am I missing something or is there no buy option for this game on the PSN store? On the web version of the store there was a countdown that expired about 20 minutes ago but now just nothing. Strangely, the game also doesn't come up in a search of the store.

It's not up on a bunch of EU stores (the ones that are not English, French or German speaking only), they are apparently working on it.

It's probably the stupid Sony thing again where they only put it on stores if it has a store text in all languages that this country provides. Eg. The store in Belgium has two languages, Dutch and French. It's up in France, but not in the Netherlands. So because of the missing Dutch text, it's also not up in any of the stores in Belgium.

But they never tell the publisher or devs about that stipulation for some reason, it drives me nuts. I have missed out on a number of games that were available on all English only stores, but not on the Belgian one.

The worst thing is that this is going on for at least 10 years and Sony's response has been: "The publisher doesn't want to publish in your country" or "It's mandatory by law that the store text is in the language of your country", even though those games are usually available on Steam or Switch because they can just put an English store text on there. It's just a bunch of bullshit by Sony and they don't care that they lose out on sales for some reason.

A lot of those devs don't even realise it's not up for everyone. I have contacted a couple of indie devs in the past and they were able to get the game up after I provided them with a translation for the store text. And every time they seemed confused and didn't realise why it wasn't up for a bunch of regions.

Sony really need to find a solution for this because it robs indie devs of a good chunk of audience for their games without them even realising.

At least, let them know how the EU store works when they put something on there.

Edited by MrMette
  • Like 4

I'm not sure it's store text related, but it sucks nonetheless. Moreso because the launch discount is tied to PS+, so I can't buy it in the US store without paying more.

And store description requirements are BS anyways. The amount of times I have seen Google Translate  English to Dutch, or Danish instead of Dutch...

Edit: Response on another forum

Hi there! One of the devs here.

We ran into a bit of trouble with launching on some PSN stores, NL was one of them I'm afraid. Our publisher is working on getting them live ASAP, will let you know when we know!

Edited by NewDust

• 2 weeks later...

It released today in the Belgian PSN store. I assume it will be the same for the other stores where it didn't release before.

No more discount though unfortunately.

Also, this is not an April fools joke.

It is crazy to me that Sony makes their store so difficult to deal with that it takes 2 weeks to release it on there.

Also, I have seen tweets by the dev talking about translations, so it is indeed the stupid store text why this wasn't on all EU PSN stores before.

I don't understand why Sony doesn't see this as a problem. It is ridiculous how many times this has happened over the last 10 years.

Edited by MrMette