Can you assign districts to just one side and still get all collectibles?

Quink666

Decided to start this game now hoping that most of the bugs/glitches have been patched. 

Powerpyx’s guide only mentions collectibles that are missable in or before certain quests. Can I freely choose which side to distribute all districts to and still get all collectibles? Are there any other collectibles to keep and eye out for?

district alignment wont affect collectibles, depending on who you'll align with will either give you a quest to complete and the collectible is a reward or the collectible will be sitting within the safe zone, where the quest would have been.

there are however collectibles that you only gain access to depending on your choices throughout the game.  one in particular caused me alot of issues and i would recommend doing this.

Spoiler

During the main story quest Broadcast you'll have a choice to make, make sure it is with the Survivors, NOT the peacekeepers or Juan!

The reason for this choice is you dont get access to this collectible unless you have the nightrunner quest.. you can go into online however during this nightrunner quest there are more choices to make and the collectible only appears under certain circumstances. it took me around 15  times (actually completing the quest) to finally get this collectible!!

there are side quests that are bugged but you can enter online play... again not ideal but possible

• Like 1

Your choice will effect Inhibitors though.  There is one inhibitor that can only be obtained if you give the first Water Tower to Survivors.  You can get it in a co-op though in somebody else’s map.  They don’t need to be on the Survivor’s quest, they just need to have already completed it and the building will be open for you to loot it.

• Like 1

No, it doesn't matter BUT there is one notorious buggy collectible if you give the Garrison district to the Survivors and not the PK. If you give it to the Survivors, you have to complete a quiz to get the collectible and the last question is known to bug out and not register even though you've completed the requirement which will lock you out of the collectible trophy as you can't get that collectible any other way in your game. You can always get it in somebody else's game (which is what I ended up having to do for that particular one) but it's best to be aware of it beforehand and just give the Garrison district to the PK instead where that same collectible is just on a table that just has to be picked up avoiding the whole quiz quest altogether and the bug.